The food and lodging at Mara West were amazing. The lookout points from the rooms and all sides of camp are fantastic, and safari services are excellent. My 11 year old son and I stayed as part of a Mission group. We were waited on hand and foot and felt so privileged to be able to stay at this camp which is affiliated with African Mission Services. Zebras were eating by the tent at night. Giraffes, babboons and all kinds of antelope roaming around the grounds. The gardening was simply beautiful. The staff were just lovely and cared for us like family. But what really made an impression for us most was that all the staff including the owners of the lodge were involved in the missionary work on a daily basis, including the hard stuff like hammering nails into roofs to build new schools and clinic buildings, and running and organizing bush clinics and the main clinic a few miles away. It was inspiring to be around such leadership, and this shows in how they run AMS and Mara West also!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled against a wooded thicket and surrounded by savannah, Mara West provides nature lovers with luxury accommodations while experiencing the sights and sounds of an unforgettable African safari. Luxury tents are perched in secluded spots on an escarpment edge overlooking the vast plains of the Masai Mara Game Reserve giving tremendous views and a sense of private exclusion. Mara West is an American owned and managed private safari camp providing high quality service with beautifully designed, comfortable accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Mara West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara West Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara West Kenya/Maasai Mara National Reserve