My wife and I stayed at the Majlis for a week in January 2014. The hotel and staff are outstanding and they go the extra mile to make your stay truly memorable from arranging bespoke excursions, gladly preparing personal dining requests, to whatever. The rooms are fabulous and the food mouth-watering. Being located on Manda gives you the best of all worlds with bustling Shela and Lamu 5 minutes away by boat, whilst the Majlis remains your quiet oasis. This is the third hotel we have stayed at on Lamu, and is the best by some margin.
- Also Known As:
- The Majlis Lamu Ltd Hotel Lamu Island
- The Majlis Lamu Ltd Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllic, luxurious, stylish, unique, …the Majlis resort is a privately-owned luxury beach hotel on the north coast of Kenya in the Indian ocean. Designed and built to reflect Lamu’s heritage tradition, The Majlis combines 25 superbly appointed luxury air-conditioned suites built with Western comforts and local tradition. State-of-the-art facilities include two bars, a gourmet restaurant, two swimming pools and an activity center which graciously co-ordinates a wide variety of full day experiences for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Majlis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.