“Nairobi - A great City Tour with Best Kenya Travel” 5 of 5 stars

Nairobi
Directions
Nairobi, Kenya
Leeds, UK
“Nairobi - A great City Tour with Best Kenya Travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I travelled to Kenya on my holiday vacation. During my four day stay in Nairobi I learned a lot. I was taken around the City the guys I had booked with (Best Kenya Travel). These guys took me to every corner of Nairobi.

The people there are cool and friendly although there are some places you don't wanna visit alone (you'll be mugged) but I really enjoyed my stay in Nairobi.

Am planning to visit Masai Mara and am sure Wilson from Best Kenya Travel will take me on that trip.

During my stay in Nairobi I stayed at Hilton Hotel which is worth staying when on Holiday.

Seattle
“Kenya good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I would say, Nairobi has really improved since the last time i visited couple of years ago. During my visit in Dec. 2010, i couldn't believe how safe and clean, the city has become. I went to the Nyayo Era Monument near Uhuru Park and the park is super clean. Also, the law that was passed of people not to smoke in Nairobi streets is one of the best. The streets children are almost out on the streets- there is only a few left.

Most Nairobi supermarkets accepts Visa/Mastecard which is great. I also liked the prices in supermarket more than buying items in the hotel. The Adams Arcade curio shops, is a place for most foreigners to consider visiting- the items all have price tags, and no-one is ripping you off because you don't belong there. I visited parliament bldg areas, Nakumatt Lifestyle Supermaket, Tusky's close to Cooperative building- both are very nice. Village market is also a place to visit although they are abit pricy.

Also, we visited Mombasa (North coast area); oh my, it is beatiful- with warm sea-breeze, whitesands and palm trees. Took Kenya airways to and from Mombasa- they have plenty of meals which is good and their customer service is excellent.

Visited Carnivore and this is one place that you don't want to miss- very diverse, nice food especially roasts. We spent about
$ 100.00 for a couple which was very good with the value of food and drinks we get there. My friends cannot stop reviewing my Kenya photos.

Also visited Sarova hotel in Nakuru park- it is very clean & beautiful. They offer cultural dances to visitors and they had one singer who had a very goo natural voice.

Looking forward to visit Kenya again.

London, Canada
“Nairobi in September”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I had a chance to spend some time in Nairobi in September (2010). The city is quite nice and the weather was cooler than I expected for a city that sits on the equator. I stayed at the 680 hotel downtown (which wasn't the best of hotels, nor would I recommend that others stay there). I went to the Nairobi National Park, the Giraffe Centre, and spent some time in the markets (I was only down there for a day). The Giraffe Centre was a nice experience, as I got to see giraffes up close an personal. I even got to fed one of them, which ate right out of my hand. The National Park has a number of animals (no elephants) and I was able to see lions, cheetahs, monkeys, and other animals as well.

I had an authentic Kenyan meal at Al Yusra resturant, right beside the Jami Mosque downtown, which was very good. I also had a chance to go shopping and pick up a few souvenirs.

Overall the trip was quiet nice, and was slightly better than I expected.

London
“Coming of age”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

Interesting city, defintely an up and coming city. Stayed at the Crowne Plaza (give it a miss) and had two days around the Karen area, which is the posh side of town. Went to the elephant orphanage, which is a great experiance, but be sure to go between 11-12, it's the only time you'll see the elephants. Had nice cab drivers, although the one ripped us off so I won't recommend him, but try Fred K Chege +254 722 700 500 (f1chege@yahoo.com), he came recommended by our safari guide and has been used by the family for years, so trustworthy guy. Paid him about $50 (4000shl) for about 4/5 hours of his time.

The roads aren't great and try avoid driving at night, the driving seems to be worse.

Really friendly people, but don't be shy to offer half the price on anything you get offerred, because it's one big tourist trap!

Melbourne, Australia
“Adventure Panorama Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I just got back from a trip to Kenya and Tanzania that I booked through Adventure Panorama Safaris.

I would highly recommend Adventure Panorama Safaris. They were extremely professional throughout my trip. Prior to leaving Nickson Ogilo was very prompt and helpful in answering my e-mails and advising me on what I would need for the tour.

I booked a 12 day tour of the Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire. I was also in Nairobi for three nights staying at Country Lodge which was great.

The food and accommodations throughout the tour were fantastic. I stayed in a tented campsite in the Mara, a budget hotel in Nakuru and lodges in Tanzania. The lodges had amazing views and were very comfortable and luxurious.

My tour guides in both Kenya and Tanzania were excellent. Both had around 20 years of experience and were extremely knowledgeable about the animals and local culture. They really went out of their way to make sure my group had a good time. We saw so many animals, the highlights being lions, cheetahs and a leopard.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Adventure Panorama Safaris. My only regret was not climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. I will definitely be contacting Nickson to arrange this for me in the future!

Been to Nairobi? Share your experiences!

;