“MY FAVORITE PLACE IN NAIROBI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi

Nairobi, Kenya
“MY FAVORITE PLACE IN NAIROBI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

I and my wife had been in Nairobi last month,the weather is cool and worm sunny much of the time.thanks to asso safaris tour company we were using for taking us around city tour,the snake park was exiting for i have never seen such snakes in my life but it has brought my daughter illusion of snakes whenever he has slept,i hope she will recover with time,the giraffe center was also exiting,my daughter loved feeding the giraffe and the photo taken there are very lovely.it was short trip but hope i will be there next year
thank to Esther and peter for making our trip memorable

Anand, India
“Nairobi - a revelation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

Justr returned from a trip to Nairobi, Kenya. The best part about Kenya is the weather. The maximum is 30 deg C in summers, while the minimum is 13 deg C. Imagine, most of the normal buildings/rooms didn't have an airconditioner. But traffic jams and slow moving traffic can be a nightmare for most part of the day. Tourism appears to be biggest industry as every place on the country road has a handicrafts shop selling curios. And the other industry, for which I was present is the floriculture. I think Kenya shoudl also be known as the floriculture capital of the world. Never seen so many hectares of greenhouses growing only 'Roses' in all hues and shades. If you get a chance to visit a green house, it is a must. Vegetarian food is available but for vegetarians eating in restaurant were meat dishes are served, the smell at times can be unbearable. And Nairobi is expensive for tourists.

Leeds, UK
“Nairobi - A great City Tour with Best Kenya Travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I travelled to Kenya on my holiday vacation. During my four day stay in Nairobi I learned a lot. I was taken around the City the guys I had booked with (Best Kenya Travel). These guys took me to every corner of Nairobi.

The people there are cool and friendly although there are some places you don't wanna visit alone (you'll be mugged) but I really enjoyed my stay in Nairobi.

Am planning to visit Masai Mara and am sure Wilson from Best Kenya Travel will take me on that trip.

During my stay in Nairobi I stayed at Hilton Hotel which is worth staying when on Holiday.

Seattle
“Kenya good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

I would say, Nairobi has really improved since the last time i visited couple of years ago. During my visit in Dec. 2010, i couldn't believe how safe and clean, the city has become. I went to the Nyayo Era Monument near Uhuru Park and the park is super clean. Also, the law that was passed of people not to smoke in Nairobi streets is one of the best. The streets children are almost out on the streets- there is only a few left.

Most Nairobi supermarkets accepts Visa/Mastecard which is great. I also liked the prices in supermarket more than buying items in the hotel. The Adams Arcade curio shops, is a place for most foreigners to consider visiting- the items all have price tags, and no-one is ripping you off because you don't belong there. I visited parliament bldg areas, Nakumatt Lifestyle Supermaket, Tusky's close to Cooperative building- both are very nice. Village market is also a place to visit although they are abit pricy.

Also, we visited Mombasa (North coast area); oh my, it is beatiful- with warm sea-breeze, whitesands and palm trees. Took Kenya airways to and from Mombasa- they have plenty of meals which is good and their customer service is excellent.

Visited Carnivore and this is one place that you don't want to miss- very diverse, nice food especially roasts. We spent about
$ 100.00 for a couple which was very good with the value of food and drinks we get there. My friends cannot stop reviewing my Kenya photos.

Also visited Sarova hotel in Nakuru park- it is very clean & beautiful. They offer cultural dances to visitors and they had one singer who had a very goo natural voice.

Looking forward to visit Kenya again.

London, Canada
“Nairobi in September”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

I had a chance to spend some time in Nairobi in September (2010). The city is quite nice and the weather was cooler than I expected for a city that sits on the equator. I stayed at the 680 hotel downtown (which wasn't the best of hotels, nor would I recommend that others stay there). I went to the Nairobi National Park, the Giraffe Centre, and spent some time in the markets (I was only down there for a day). The Giraffe Centre was a nice experience, as I got to see giraffes up close an personal. I even got to fed one of them, which ate right out of my hand. The National Park has a number of animals (no elephants) and I was able to see lions, cheetahs, monkeys, and other animals as well.

I had an authentic Kenyan meal at Al Yusra resturant, right beside the Jami Mosque downtown, which was very good. I also had a chance to go shopping and pick up a few souvenirs.

Overall the trip was quiet nice, and was slightly better than I expected.

Been to Nairobi? Share your experiences!