“A real experience in Italian Dining” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 322 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Zurich, Switzerland
“A real experience in Italian Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The menu is splendid, the cusine excellent. The pricing is absolutely adequate. I can really recommend this very cozy and comfortable restaurant.

Visited May 2013

• Polish first
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

From the drinks to the food to the service. I was quite happy. The food was prompt, well presented and the chef came out and offered his opinions on what we should pair the meal with. The surroundings were quite busy but when we entered the restaurant it was as if we were transported to some different place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Excellent Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stopped in for dinner one night. The service was top notch - very attentive, but not intrusive. The menu is extensive - pasta to meat to pizza. I opted for a spicy salami pizza. It was excellent. Thin crust, wood fired, and just the right amout of cheese.

A great stop for dinner!

Visited May 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Predictably safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My family has been eating t this restaurant for years. Thier food is ok but after eating there so many times, you can get tired of thier food. We like this restaurants because we know what to expect of everything we order so no surprises for us. I once put the olive oil they have standing on the tables and I got seriously sick. So now we know - we can't use the olive oil. Portions are good so no chance of leaving hungry. When we want to play it safe we go here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Not my favorite.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you ask someone in Nairobi for a recommendation for Italian food there is a good chance they will say Mediterraneo. As someone who has lived in Nairobi for less than a year (coming from New York) I joke with my husband that one day I, too, will think Mediterraneo is good - when I've forgotten what real Italian food tastes like. Lots of people like this place. Just not me.

Visited June 2012