“Not my favorite.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New York, NY
“Not my favorite.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you ask someone in Nairobi for a recommendation for Italian food there is a good chance they will say Mediterraneo. As someone who has lived in Nairobi for less than a year (coming from New York) I joke with my husband that one day I, too, will think Mediterraneo is good - when I've forgotten what real Italian food tastes like. Lots of people like this place. Just not me.

Visited June 2012

• Polish first
Nairobi
“Excellent Vegetarian Selection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The service was good, the staff were very helpful, happy to see a decent selection for vegetarians: the lasagna did not disappoint. The desserts were on point as always and the ambiance was excellent.

Visited January 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good Italian food, but not cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went to the Junction location and both the dishes that me and my friend ordered were both really good. We went there for lunch though and it's kind of pricy ~ 1300 shillings per dish (~ 18 US dollars per dish).

The specials are usually very good and it's nice that they provide that variety.

Visited April 2013
Brussels
“fairly good food, large portions, nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The food was fairly food (I had tagliata meat, and it was good quality, though it was a bit too cooked to be medium rare as I asked it). The portions are really large. Prices are good. The restaurant has a very nice terrace, while the decor inside is a bit tacky.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“Nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had lunch there this week with one of my best friends. Nice setting although the tables were too close for my liking. We chose to sit upstairs to enjoy the sun but the rain chased us away half way through our meal. Excellent fruit juice cocktail and fresh fish. We only had the main course which was quite filling. I loved the Jasmine tea. Overall a nice experience and relaxing moment after shopping.

• Visited April 2013