“Yummiest Barbeque Meals I have ever eaten” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Barbecue, Halal, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Yummiest Barbeque Meals I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I visited Nairobi at stayed at Progressive Park Hotel. Hashmi's Restaurant was just across the road of my hotel at Ukay Centre. I was in Nairobi for seven nights, on the second day I located this restaurant and went there for dinner, you can't believe, the dinner was so good and yummy that out of my seven days stay in Nairobi I ended up eating my five dinners at Hashmi's Restaurant only. I tried their mixed grill it was very good, also their boneless chicken tikka was good. The best dish there was fish tikka, and it was extra delicious. Wish I could have stayed there in Nairobi few days more to enjoy few more barbecue dinners from Hashmi's.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Yummiest Barbeque Meals I have ever eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

• 5 of 5 stars
“BEST Indian Barbecue Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I absolutely LOVE food from this restaurant. It is fresh, the service is great and there's a wide variety to choose from. Alcohol is not served as the owners are Muslim. However, the great food more than makes up for that little glitch. It is also only open at lunch time and in the evenings on weekdays and all day on weekends. If you love spicy barbecue....this is the place to be!

Nairobi, Kenya
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The barbecue chicken is flavored with ginger, garlic and cooked on a charcoal.. definitely yum. I would recommend it. Its not about the decor its about the food.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
“Good food, with wide range of barbecues”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Hashmi is a very popular restaurant amongst the Nairobi Asian community though these days a wide variety of others frequent the well situated Resaturant including Somalis, Arabs and few others.
The food is served very well by all means and tastes just as one would delight.
The staff are good & well trained for their strenuous job.
Those planning to go there at rush hours should expect to wait for tables to get empty as its really packed during those times.
Price is slightly high, but the excellence of food is also high.

• Visited May 2013