“Refreshingly simple.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Refreshingly simple.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Went to Cedars on Christmas Day 2013 and was pleasantly surprised. The food was excellent and portions so large we could hardly finish. Decor is very homely. Not pretentious at all. Pricing is fair but for the quality and quantity of food, its well worth it. The one thing that stood out for me was the fact that is is very child friendly. They have a very attentive lady who watched the kids as they played in the back, letting the adults enjoy their meals. All in all, a simple but excellent place to wine and dine.

Visited December 2013

Singapore, Singapore
“Visited again recently & still loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I went to this place with a few office colleagues during our recent business visit to Nairobi. We liked the food so much that we went there thrice in our 3 week visit. The highlight of the menu is the HUMMUS WITH MEAT and the FALAFELs which are served really hot. My colleauges loved both these items and we only had these on our follow-up visits. The service is also nice however the waiters are a little ignorant at times. The price was also reasonable for the quantity of food we had. I loved this place and so did my colleauges

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bukavu, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“The best place in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I dream of this place. I dream of the vegetarian mezze (I haven't been able to expand beyond that). The location is hell in traffic (and when is there not traffic???) and the ambience is meh (i.e. not worth it for all that traffic) BUT being the best place in Nairobi, they deliver. Allow a good hour for delivery. Watch out that the mezze are enormous. It is over-priced but with so little competition, it's worth it to suck it up and pay.

• Visited September 2013
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“So-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I found the place to be neither bad nor fancy, just in-between. Because the things that made me happy balanced with those that I found wanting.

And let me start with the cons because I know that's either why you are reading this review, or that's what many people want to hear. I count myself in the second part of that crowd. I also wouldn't want you to leave too soon...

Drove in with nobody out there to guide through the painfully squeezed, tight and tiny parking lot. No directions to show "enter here" or "exit herein". That was compunded by waiters staring blankly when I walked in not offering a place to place my tired bum on nor ushering in. I partly blame the shorts and slippers that I was putting on for all that unwelcome feeling

Got a seat and after a few (read 3) minutes, a tired looking waiter came buy with on-the-house snacks, as he took our orders. Pretty quick in serving up the orders perhaps because I decided to go for the chef's special.

The "freshly squeezed orange juice", however, must have come out of a tree that bears packets of orange juice because the only place that juice must have been squeezed out of aint no orange but a tetra pak. It had no natural taste and was sedimenting like sandy water.

The food rations were generous I should say. So generous that I couldn't finish and asked them to put the left-overs for me in a foil. The foil was provided after 20 minutes of asking for it.

Price? A bit too steep for what was served though. It was not an out-of-this-world flavour so I didn't expect the number on the bill. I for once thought that the voluptuous waiter was offering me her phone number only that the shilling sign before the number jolted me from my drooly ogle.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a gem!!!The food is great.I love all dishes on the menu.Delicious and very soft Felafel,tasty hummus and fresh pita bread.We ordered Mezze for two and really enjoyed every items of that.Another plus is the helpful staffs.I'll certainly be back. I recommend this everyone.

• Visited October 2013