“In Nairobi Country Lodge is my first choice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nairobi
Country Lodge
2nd Ngong Avenue | Upper Hill, PO Box 40842, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #15 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Amsterdam
“In Nairobi Country Lodge is my first choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

I make reservations as much in advance as possible as Country Lodge is almost always booked to capacity. I have been travelling to Nairobi on business and for pleasure since the mid 1990s and for the last 2+ years the Country Lodge is the hotel of my first preference. These days the price for a room is 100 USD, and the hotel offers excellent value for money: all staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious enough, exceptionally clean, and well equipped. The free-of-charge wireless internet service is among the best and most reliable that I have encountered in Nairobi. Breakfast is the only meal served in the hotel, but the nearby Fairview (3 min. walk) has 5 excellent restaurants. The hotel is located in a very safe area of the town, and its immediate surroundings are quiet and beautiful. The hotel also has a lovely small garden. I would recommend the Country Lodge to anyone travelling on business and for pleasure to Nairobi.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

250 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

The hotel was recommended to me as good for a stop over before a flight back to the UK.
The hotel is bed and breakfast, pitched mainly at business travellers.
It is in the same compound as the Fairview hotel which has a choice of restaurants 2 minutes away.
Fairly new build and seems very security conscious.
Bedroom clean, bed warm and shower luxury after a fortnight in the bush.
Transfer taxi to the airport was 1350KSh ~ £12

• Stayed September 2009
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

A German or Dutch style of hotel with clean lines, plenty of light and open plan areas does not fit in with the other hotels in Nairobi, but what a refreshing change it is. It has many German customers and really deserves to be highly recommended. The room rates are very reasonable (around $100 per night including all taxes, internet access and breakfast). The rooms are very clean and modern with tea and coffee facilities which are not normally provided in this mid-range line of hotels. Perfectly suitable and very very safe. Staff very friendly and helpful, with professional booking, check-in and check-out. I felt as if I was in a hotel in Europe and not Nairobi. Quality and style you can rely on and feel comfortable with.
It has a small modern gym, mini business centre, vending machines with snacks and ironing room.
The only downsize is that it doesn’t have a restaurant onsite and has no lifts, so be prepared to march up and down the stairs. Having said that it is located in the most peaceful area of Nairobi (and yet almost right in the city centre) and you can have a good night sleep in this oasis of peace. The beds are very comfy and the duvets are nice and warm (I visited in the wintertime so a normal duvet wouldn’t have been sufficient). The rooms look out to a lovely garden, and have a modern and light decor.
It sits wall to wall to the Fairview hotel, only 2 minutes away along the same tree lined path, its sister hotel which is a lovely hotel with fantastic facilities, including 5 , restaurants, travel office, souvenir shop and a pool, which you can use as a guest of the Country Lodge.
There are well priced taxis available just outside. The hotel is located on “the safest street in Nairobi” and is very secure, including the surrounding areas; this could be due to the fact that Israeli Embassy is located opposite the hotel. You can safely walk between Country Lodge and Fairview- where you can have your dinner, buy your postcards and book a safari- even at night as the roads are guarded and monitored by CCTV.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

The prices that were stated on the website were what I paid, I booked over an email and 3 weeks later of no contact the reservation was still all in order. The location was serene and safe, the hotel was clean and well maintained, the service was efficient and cordial and the room was just what I needed after 6 weeks, 4 countries, 3 injuries and a stolen credit card - thanks heavens for The Country Lodge! What's more I completed the standard feedback form and they replied!!! Duly noted my pulled hen's teeth suggestions (1 bigger TV's in rooms & 2, cheaper internet...seriously?!)
Could this be a hotel that actually cares what you think??????

Fabulous - spend the extra $20, it's worth it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
U.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

Country Lodge is a great place to stay for business travel. I work for a non-profit and we have a cap of $100/night in Nairobi. It is exteremly difficult to find a place to stay with internet and other business basics for that amount of money. However, Country Lodge can beat the price and has all of the ammenities. It is clean, comfortable and has good service.

The only complaints I have are about tourists and sushi. I wish non-business tourists to Nairobi would stay in other hotels, as business travelers need sleep to work the next day. Also, I would NOT recommend eating the sushi at Fairview. It made me very ill.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Countrylodge, Manager at Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you were unwell and you suspect food poisoning from our sushi as the cause. Food poisoning can work in mysterious ways- it can be caused from anything you ate 48 hours preceding the symptoms. ( We sell over forty sushi servings everyday and we have had no complaints). Any additional information you have would be helpful so that we can investigate further. Please let us know at: director@fairviewkenya.com
Next time you are at Fairview, we will be glad to walk you round our kitchen operation - I am confident you will agree that our hygiene standards are exceptional.
Harare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

Everytime I am able to book at country Lodge (you have to do it quite in advance as quite full), I really enjoy. It is definitively the best ratio quality / cost.
Rooms are very clean, spacious, quiet with WiFi (very good connection). The breakfeast is as I like with fresh tropical fruits.
There are very nice restaurants for different budget very near the hotel (walking distance). There is a fitness room just enough to do some exercises.
I just LIKE it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We only stayed one night, after 24 hours of travel from the US and used it as a stopover before going on Safari - but we really liked it. The hotel is new, secure, very clean and has a fantastic breakfast buffet. We arrived late in the evening and the staff did all they could to assure we were comfortable and had a good dinner delivered to our room - since nearby hotels had alread stopped serving.

We wished we could have stayed longer and taken advantage of its location to learn more about Nairobi.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Lodge? Share your experiences!