“A shame” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Bicester, United Kingdom
“A shame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

I went here with colleagues, and therefore didn't want to kick up a fuss. Had I been there with friends, I would have asked them to bring out the chef and eat some of the steak I was served himself. Somehow (newly lit barbecue?) it tasted of paraffin, and that was compounded with a taste which I would associate with marinading steak in washing up liquid. It was virtually inedible. The food that the others had looked great, and the focaccia I had as the first course was perfectly acceptable, so I guess it's just that I drew the short straw. The atmosphere of the place was good, the service friendly.

Visited April 2015

Nairobi, Kenya
“Very professional food services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I liked the ambiance, the food tastes good and its value for money. If you want exotic foods then this is a good place to hoose from. The car-park was at that time a challenge but they have added more car parking slots. I only wished it could have been bigger in terms of sitting space but again that is an infrastructural challenge

Visited December 2014
Lusaka
“Dinner with special friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

Nice restaurant... very busy.. always a good sign! I had a steak with some wild mushroom sauce which was really good. The chips were a little oily and not being one to leave chips on my plate I have to say I did on this occassion. However the fillet and muchshroom sauce made up for it as did the breads on the table.
The waiter was a little clueless about the wine though and tried to tell me that Four Cousins was an Italian wine!

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Average food, above average prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

Mediterraneo is a classic in Nairobi. They have several restaurants, which I believe all have the same menu.
The menu does offer a lot of options and should cover every tastes, and the quality of food remains the same over time- average, this is. Nothing tastes terrible, but it is not spectacular either, which is a bit of a problem considering they keep increasing the prices.

• Visited March 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Harrow, United Kingdom
“Need to be rich to get good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

Used to visit this restaurant frequently.. They became successful.and service started going down. The owner or head chef who previously used to work started at the Italian Restaurant got to know most of his customers. Worked out who is rich etc etc and started giving preferential treatment. I don't accept this. Also the quality of food has gone down. I have stopped going there. Even when I am invited by friends, I refuse to go. There are other better Italian restaurants is Nairobi.

• Visited June 2014