“New Year's Dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 355 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Description: Mediterraneo Ristorante at 9 West is a sophisticated dining option in the heart of Westlands, featuring custom Italian furniture, classic Vespa scooters and a stretch of stunning Fornasetti wallpaper. An impressive venue for business meetings and casual meals at any time, it is our only branch that serves breakfast and stays open till late. Mediterraneo is dedicated to creating an authentic Italian dining experience, with traditional dishes, exclusive imported wines and a uniquely genuine atmosphere.
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Year's Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great place for some classic dishes. My wife and family went here for dinner and we enjoyed the meal along with a glass of Shiraz. Overall location was good, great service and excellent food. I would highly recommend an evening here for dinner.

Visited December 2012

nairobi
“magnificent place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very generous tasty portions, good pricing, excellent food presentation especially for the salads and cosy for aromantic dinner.

Will definitely go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“good italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Really good italian food. Good , efficient service. Branch in Westlands is quite big and modern whereas Gigiri one is more cosy and Italian feel to it.

Visited September 2013
Geneva
“Nothing seriously wrong...but not much right either ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Westland Mediterraneo reminds me of the neglected third child...it does live up to the expectations of anyone who have visited the two older sisters.
I had read the reviews (not great) and been advised by friends to skip it...but I wanted to give it a chance. Well...the place is kind if a hit and miss when not comes to everything ..,service, food...you name it.
First the ambiance...not sure how to describe it, but it is more suitable for a breakup dinner than a romantic first date. Whoever was the architect is to blame...the person had probably never dined out of home.
Service was ok...nothing very memorable but polite and correct

Food - my starter...smoked salmon cones...was very good. But then again it is difficult to go wrong with smoked salmon. My friend had a grilled vegetable salad which was also good.
My main was the chef's special suggestion - octopus stew. Way overcooked, was like chewing a tire. The veggies were ok. My friend had tilapia with a pesto sauce... It was either frozen or old, definitely not up to standard.
Nairobi is full of great restaurants, and unfortunately the Westland's Mediterraneo is just a filler in the list ... with plenty of choice there is no reason to go back. Based on the number of tables filled I think my view is shared by others. That said, I have no hesitation to recommend the other two sisters - Mediterraneo Junction and Village Market.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Second home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family likes this restaurant and frequents it a lot. However despite us loving the restaurant, the food may not be wowing us that much anymore. Maybe we are used to it now? Thier Pizza is still in my opinion one of the good ones in Nairobi. Thier Lasagna portions seems to have shrank and tastes a bit different not sure if it's a change of chef or cheaper and ommitted ingredients but its still ok. I tried some vegeterian lasagnia at thier restaurant at the Junction but when I ordered it at thier restaurant in Westlands it was not the same so maybe they dont have standard recipes or ways of cooking certain dishes. Generally thier entrees are ok. We like it though because it's familiar, most of the staff recognise us and it feels like going home. Thier prices are average. Sometimes the waiters seem overwhelmed and if you are a bit of a rush can be frustrating. We have had dinner here for special occassions and never regretted it.

• Visited September 2013