“Family Lunch/ Group of Friends celebrating a baby shower” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Family Lunch/ Group of Friends celebrating a baby shower”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

It really was just okay. No outstanding service or anything. The service was average, the food was average Italian fare though the ingredients were great - huge prawns.

Visited January 2012

“Dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had a perfect meal with my teenage sons yesterday.

Visited June 2012
Kitale, Kenya
“My favorite restaurant in Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I've read some of the other reviews, and quite frankly, I don't know what some people expect. To be truthful, we are in Kenya. And the plain fact is, nothing is perfect here, but let me tell you; after living in Kenya for 4 years, this has become my favorite restaurant! The Mediterraneo which we go to is at a Plaza called "The Junction." It is a lovely setting, the atmosphere is wonderful - especially if you can sit upstairs on the balcony which is nicely decorated with small white "Christmas" type lights. If the evenings are cool, they have small fires in decorative stoves to keep you warm. The service has always been just fine for us; very friendly and helpful. The food has never failed my expectations. Their steak is excellent, the side vegetables are fantastic as are their salads. I am a picky eater, and they are always willing to adjust the salad to my tastes. Once, they even adjusted the appetizer - more than adjusted it - remade it. I love this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
“good food, terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Ambiance: Average, Food:Good. The reception is warm and the reservation. We were shown to our seats on arrival and immediately after It took upwards of 10 minutes before anyone would attend to us. Well, we found the menu a bit detailed and slightly complex which is not a bad thing but can be if the person serving you is not helpful at explaining it. They had to wait for us to order lamb for us to be informed that it was not available that night. The service got worse, when the orders came in, one of them had been mixed up. The Food is actually quite good and the presentation is impressive. The accompanying vegetables are well done as well. Just as we were contemplating forgiving them for the bad service after some nice food, they spoilt it even further. After our meal and bill was brought, nobody bothered to attend to us. I had to walk to the cashier personally to make the payment and walked out in disappointment. food is good but please work on the terrible service, it’s unforgivable.

Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizzas and pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Incredible pizzas and pasta. Ate here three times in a 10 day stay!

Visited January 2012