“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Nairobi
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to say straight off that I am not the biggest fan of Chinese food, but was disappointed by Spring Garden.

The spring rolls as starters were okay but my main course of sweetcorn and chilies, just tasted like a tin of sweetcorn with a couple of chilies in. Don't know quite what I expected but it certainly wasn't something as basic as that.

There was a power cut when we were there, not a rare occurrence in Nairobi in the rain, but I was surprised they had no backup generator.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi, Kenya
“Defenitely a must visit for chinese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was my first visit to Spring garden.I wanted to go for new year dinner but the place was not open till 12.00 .So we went after new year.The decor is simple .There is a bar right in middle of the restaurant.We tried golden fried prawns,chicken fried rice and noodles.One more chicken dish we ordered cant remember name though.Basically I loved the food there,must visit for Chinese food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kathmandu, Nepal
“fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I like the fact that you can really taste the ingredients and not the sauces.
Unlike a previous reviewer, I did not find that the onions were overpowering, so I guess it's all about personal taste.
Also, the staff is friendly, and super nice to children!
We enjoy going there when we want a simple dinner with the kids. They also have take-out!
The atmosphere is definitely not romantic, and not the restaurant's strong point.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011 via mobile

Ythe food is very authentic good portions and service is good Must try the fish

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Bland & Boring”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I read some reviews online but was disappointed by the food (the price tag was also not a bargain and compared to other better restaurants).... with the ambiance not being much, I expected the food to at least hit some high notes but While the food was fresh all we could taste was salt and onions through most of the dishes. It will definitely not be a repeat performance for myself and family!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING CHINESE ..tasted like food court variety.

• Visited October 2011