“Hit the sushi spot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“Hit the sushi spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived close to the end of the lunch hour but they stayed open for us ("because of the kids"). It was everything we were missing! Great sushi and would definitely go back when we visit Nairobi.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi
“A safe bet...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'll start off by saying that my wife believes this restaurant is a Five. I, on the other hand, think its a 4. I'll start with the positives. 1) It's has a fairly large menu and it can be vege friendly. My wife, who is a vegetarian, tends to like their vege sushi and vege box, 2) the items are executed fairly well. Nothing overly sophisticated on the menu, so they get the basics rights, and 3) the service is a big plus here. A very attentive staff can make a big difference!

There are a few reasons why I believe his place is not a Five: 1) The menu is pretty standard, nothing "wows" you, 2) the place is a bit dated inside and could use an upgrade, and 3) I wish they varied the flavors of their teppanyaki (like most places, they just use one sauce).

Overall, I do recommend visiting Furasato. We think its the best Japanese restaurants in Westlands. My wife and I are frequent visitors, just wish sometimes they would take it up a notch with regards to the menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Tasty & Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Son's birthday dinner and the Tepanyaki was great. We have had more lively experiences but boys enjoyed.

Visited October 2012
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“LOVE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

best sushi! best japanese and korean food!!!!!!! its a pity that they are not working the whole day., and opened just for lunch and dinner i think...

Visited February 2013
nairobi
“My best japanese food in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The sushis are always perfect and tasty.
Waiters are attentive and not intrusive.
The place is calm, nice and comfortable.

Visited February 2013