“Tasty & Fun” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Tasty & Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Son's birthday dinner and the Tepanyaki was great. We have had more lively experiences but boys enjoyed.

Visited October 2012

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

best sushi! best japanese and korean food!!!!!!! its a pity that they are not working the whole day., and opened just for lunch and dinner i think...

Visited February 2013
“My best japanese food in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The sushis are always perfect and tasty.
Waiters are attentive and not intrusive.
The place is calm, nice and comfortable.

Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing tepanyaki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a famous japanese restaurant located in westlands.

It has a big secure parking. Had the tepanyaki which (though pricey) was mouth watering. Consists of salad, tempura, sushi, noodles. The salad was excellent with a peanut sauce

Ambience is decent n service is fast

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kampala, Uganda
“Fura Sato Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hezi - Grade 7

Furusato is a Japanese restaurant, which also has some Korean foods, according to my Korean friend. There were indeed rumors about this restaurant, rumors that I specifically liked. I heard one at the very doorstep of the restaurant. Which was, if I remember clearly was that the portions were quite large. But it seemed that all I have been told about this restaurant is based on stories. But now it was time for me to taste the truth.
Looking around the room I liked what I saw. There were wood carvings, paintings of fish and of Japanese designs. Also within the room, were the well known and fragile vases of china surrounding the inner perimeter of the space. These were painted in dark blue and white. Lastly, were the small water fountains surrounding the outer section of the restaurant. The layout of this restaurant was simply beautiful.
As I took my seat at the neatly set table, my mind went immediately into selecting what to eat. I looked through their menu and I noticed something as glanced here and there over every page. There were just so many choices, so many dishes to choose from. I couldn’t choose, but luckily I had 13 other opinions to back me up. So in the end I decided I would share with 4 other people, one of them having quite a bit of experience with Japanese food.
The amount of food we ordered was a great sum. We ordered two Furusato sushi sets. This was the chef’s recommendation as stated in the menu. This dish contained 8 pieces of sushi and 2 special rolls. We also ordered a stir fried chicken teriyaki with sauce and veggies. Then the other two people we were sharing with decided to order 1 more Furusato sushi set and a bowl of noodles. So when I saw our food arrive, I was awed by the presentation, and the pleasant realization that the rumors were true. The Presentation of which the food was on was very unique. The Furusato sushi set was a wooden boat expertly carved; it was flat on the top where the sushi sat waiting to be devoured. Next came the chicken teriyaki, which was placed upon a simple wooden platter. Now as the waiter brought it forward I was again taken by surprise. The dish was steaming hot and all the chicken and veggies were placed well. But I noticed it was sizzling. It was extremely hot it was like the dish was still cooking. And when I ate it I knew instantly that the chef was very skilled. Because the burst of spices and flavours was scrumptious! Lastly was the Bowl of noodles. I noticed that these noodles were really thick! The noodles were mixed in with some broth, and the dish sat in a big china bowl, slowly swaying from side to side.
Overall I would give the restaurant 5 out of 5 stars. Now I think that some of you reading this review may not agree with me. But let me tell you what each of these stars is for. The first star is for the food how it tasted, and the variety and choices that were available on the menu. The second star is for presentation, of the restaurant itself things like designs and also how their food was presented. The third star is for cleanliness, honestly I think cleanliness is a big part in a business and this place looked generally clean. The fourth star is for service, you see serving 14 people is no easy job plus an additional few people. There was a pretty quick service; I mean including presentation it was great. And finally the last star is for the atmosphere. The waiters were all friendly when we left and also as we entered they smiled and wished us well and even when asking us what we would like to order they were very confident. They really seemed to know what they were doing.
Okay well thanks for reading this review, I hope it has helped. And in case you are wondering I recommend Furusato strongly. And even if you don’t like Japanese food there are also plenty of other choices.

• Visited January 2013