“Great surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 384 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Handi restaurant was a real surprise, with fantastic Indian dishes and great service. We were really cautious about eating in Africa, but the food preparation(which you can see through a window) and final product all looked and tasted great. The restaurant was very clean and modern and good customer service from staff. Food was relatively great value for money as well.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best Curry In Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

There are 2 Haandi shops in Nairobi. I went to the one at The Mall in Westlands. The food is simply delicious, service is fine and the the prices are extremely reasonable, especially for Nairobi.

Their poppadums are scrumptious and prepared in a way that I have never seen before. You could make a meal just out of those. My favourite dish was their Rogan Josh....starting to salivate as I write this..Hmmmm

Go see for yourself.

Visited October 2012
Waterloo, Canada
“Really good indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was in Nairobi for two days only and my client took me to Haandi. I loved the food so much. I loved lassi, aloo chley and paneer tikka. The other day when I wasn't with my client we went to handi again. We ordered paneer kadai, daal kebab and chicken biryani for my cousin. He said he didn't like egg garnishing on the top in biryani. Other than that it's awesome. It's a little pricey too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
New York
“Top Notch Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a great restaurant in a not so great mall (called, not so originally, "The Mall"). The decor is very modern and clean. You can see the chefs preparing the food through the large glass window that prominently displays the kitchen from every vantage point in the restaurant. I didn't have a large meal, but what I had was excellently prepared. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Good Indian food near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great place to grab a meal if you've got a few hours in between flights at the Nairobi airport and don't want to travel too far afield. Curries are great, and ambiance not bad (given the location in a mall) - especially the terrace. Worth the cab ride out to get some decent Indian food!

Visited July 2013