“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 419 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stabekk
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

People where really friendly there. Suited in a shoppingmall And when you came in to the restaurant you lost that feeling. The food was very good And not as good as really good in London, where also have a restaurant. Service really good And friendly. I would recommend it.

Visited July 2013

Nairobi, Kenya
“Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food was best to describe as 'orgasmic'! Best Indian food I ever had! It is definitely my first choice for an Indian restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
The Netherlands
“Not much to complain about hence recommended place for Indian in NBI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I cannot pretend to claim that this is 'real' Indian food because I have never had the pleasure to visit India. Nevertheless, I can easily recommend this restaurant for its good food in a pleasant ambiance. Yesterday, I was invited for a business dinner at Haandi. I had last been in Haandi early 2012. Since then the place has been adequately refurbished and I almost did not recognize the place from my memories. I have a strange mindset that an Indian restaurant needs to have a run-down interior to be able to produce good food but that is not the case with Haandi. Interior is nice AND the food was very tasteful. I found that some of the dishes were sometimes lacking some 'depth of taste' and I would have preferred a bit more spicy food, although I am not sure if the specific dishes are indeed prepared spicy in India. We had a selection of meat (lamb), fish and vegetarian curries and varieties of naan/poppadom. Rice is served in small portions but of good quality. The staff service is not bad but not spectacular good either, sometimes it took some time to get attention. Overall, certainly worth the visit in Nairobi / Westlands.

• Visited July 2013
Colombo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Flavourful Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Haandi makes great North Indian cuisine, full of rich flavour. Prices are reasonable for decent sized portions. A nice spicy treat

Visited February 2013
“BEST INDIAN FOOD I HAVE EVER TASTED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

As an Indian myself, I am used to high standards and I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and I enjoyed a second and third helping and left feeling very satisfied. The decor was not very nice but the food more than makes up for it.

• Visited July 2013