“True Indian food” 5 of 5 stars

The Mall Shopping Centre | Ring Rd Westlands, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Website
Update restaurant details
Ranked #6 of 301 restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Kisumu, Kenya
“True Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

For many years when we traveled to Nairobi from Kisumu, we would dine at Haandi--a favorite of our good friends Eric and Margaret in Nairobi. We were overjoyed when they opened Haandi in Kisumu. It is located in the Mega-Plaza shopping center and has wonderful lunches and dinners. They don't open for dinner until 6:30 so don't show up too early. Genuine Indian food. Nothing kept warm on a burner. All made fresh. You can even sit with a full view of the kitchen through large windows while your meal is being prepared. If you like Indian spice, you will love Haandi.

84% Recommend
Nairobi, Kenya
“Haandi's Capital Centre”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Their food was well done and the ambience is wonderful, the Chef gave us a specialty and we enjoyed.

Visited April 2013
“Expensive but Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant was still being renovated as I visited. New decor is stunning

Food is extremely delicious. The kulfi faluda dessert is the best I've had

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Every time I go to Nairobi for work I make a point to eat at Haandi. OK - so I've never been to India. But I've never had Indian food close to Haandi quality in the US, England or anywhere else. Everything is cooked to perfection, the prices are reasonable, and the staff are quite friendly. I last went in May 2013 and they are under renovations, so the atmosphere is not so appealing at the moment. But our meal was still perfect and I am sure the new dining room will be beautiful. No complaints!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Very good tasting indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

By reading earlier reviews I was skeptical about this restaurant however after my taxi driver told me its good I decided to try as it was quite near to my hotel.
I liked it so much that I ate here all the days when I decided to have dinner while in Nairobi.

I tried their Lahori chicken which was the best indian chicken dish I had during any of my trips within Africa & Middle East. I also tried their dal bukhara and haandi chicken makhani and found them quite good.

The restaurant seems to be very popular with indians in Kenya and also the other expats.
Its definitely a good choice to eat if you are around westland and value for money as on an average a single person can eat here in less than 20 USD.