“Best Indian in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

The Mall Shopping Centre | Ring Rd Westlands, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 341 Restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best Indian in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I eat at Haandi's more than any other restaurant in Nairobi - it's consistently excellent. The service is good, and they are redecorating in stages (as of March-April 2013) which hopefully will brighten a slightly dull/stuffy interior. The (glassed-off) view into the kitchen is nice.

Haandi's starts you off with the KenIndian-customary crudités with sauces/chutneys, and have a unique hot-towel system. The waiter places in front of you a steel bowl containing what appears to be an oversized mint. Pour boiling water onto the "mint", and it expands into a steaming hot towel.

Haandi's does North Indian, and does it extremely well. I tend to stick to the "dry" dishes, rather than the curries, since those tend to be heavy (albeit deliciously heavy). The chicken nilgiria tikka is divine, as is the calamari. The naan breads are the best I've had anywhere.

It's unclear to me who can have room to order from the dessert menu.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi, Kenya
“Family dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went there for dinner with the family and the service was first-class.
The food was excellent and the staff could not have been better. We all truly enjoyed our night out!

Visited April 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best Indian restaurant in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's been around for years, and a must for Indian food lovers. The Chicken Tikka Masala is fantastic as well as the wide variety of other indian options on the menu.

Visited April 2013
nairobi
“the best Indian food in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Large variety of indian dishes cooked at perfection.
As many time you go, as many times you enjoy and leave fulfilled.
The kitchen visible from the restaurant is a spectacle in itself.
Better to make bookings otherwise you might just end a dream before it starts!

Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
“Best Indian food I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My fiance and I were spending our first night in Nairobi, we ventured out from our hotel and after entering the Mall we just happened to see the Haandi restaurant. Indian is one of my fiance's favorites so we decided to try it, not knowing anything about the place. We were a little unsure at first because there was only one other couple there, but the place soon filled up. And I can see why, I had the Chikken Tikka, it was melt in your mouth excellent, with just enough spices. My fiance had the Mutton Curry Punjab, also extremely good. The service was very good and prices reasonable, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited March 2013