“Best Indian food I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

The Mall Shopping Centre | Ring Rd Westlands, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Austin, Texas
“Best Indian food I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My fiance and I were spending our first night in Nairobi, we ventured out from our hotel and after entering the Mall we just happened to see the Haandi restaurant. Indian is one of my fiance's favorites so we decided to try it, not knowing anything about the place. We were a little unsure at first because there was only one other couple there, but the place soon filled up. And I can see why, I had the Chikken Tikka, it was melt in your mouth excellent, with just enough spices. My fiance had the Mutton Curry Punjab, also extremely good. The service was very good and prices reasonable, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

82% Recommend
“Amazing Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This along with Diamond Plaza in Nairobi are some of the best Indian food around. If you love Indian food this is the place to go. The food literally melts in your mouth. One of my favorite Nairobi places to eat.

Visited September 2012
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

the food is quite bland as it catered mainly for tourists... there fore they do not use much spices as they should. quite expensive for what you get

Visited April 2012
“Indian food in Kenya?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is by far the best place where you would get Indian food in Kenya. Ambiance is perfect for a leisurely lunch or dinners. Location is also good as it is right in middle of Westlands, where most of the Indian community resides in Nairobi.

Though Indian, the most of the food will be bit bland, which suites Kenyans. If you are normal Indian, who likes the food bit spicy (normal spicy), you need to specifically ask to make it super spicy.

As is the case with any other restaurant in Nairobi, food is expensive.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“TOP INDIAN RESTAURANT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

A long established restaurant know by regulars as a top evening out at a relatively reasonable price. A favourite for business lunches and dinner and family gatherings.

Been to Haandi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Haandi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.