“Good Chicken Dishes, Skip the Paneers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Nairobi, Kenya
“Good Chicken Dishes, Skip the Paneers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Good chicken dishes, skip the paneers. Interior a little bizarre - big open uninteresting room. Very pricey.

Visited December 2012

Nairobi, Kenya
“Enjoyed My Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Quick service, good staff, excellent food. You are met right at the door by a member of staff, asked where you wish to sit and take you through the menu

Visited December 2012
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Delicious but was disappinted...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I always ordered the chicken butter curry. Delicious. Take away though. First time I ordered I received one naan. Second time I got two. Not sure what's the quantity but it was delicious. Third time I ordered prawns (sweet n sour) the prawns were not fresh and not consumable at all. I was very disappointed. This happened in mombasa city mall. I want to order again but afraid I will not get it fresh. :(

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Home of India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

You will leave loving food!! That I guarantee. Your fingers will never enjoy a lick until and unless someone beats what you ate. Please go there hungry - you won't regret it.
..............................one last thing, "Don't try to go back to the office if it's a weekday - You won't make it to your desk. Trust me, I've tried to beat it......twice.
Get a movie and go home. Someone will wake you up 2 hours later - That's how good the food is.

I await your experience :)

Pssssst..........It's hard not to want to listen to indian music on your way there - given the guarantee of good food, your world just instantly get's happy........I'm still mad about Haandi (I loved there ad's) :)

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Co. Donegal
“An Indian experience in Africa!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

As an afficionada of Indian cuisine (and I also cook Indian food), a visit to Haandi was a delightful experience. There is a very varied menu and the place is always buzzing - even mid-week! Staff were very attentive and the service good. We enjoyed drinks first in the small annex off the main restaurant before going to our table. The portions were very satisfying and it was good value - our friend picked up the bill, so I can't say how much the dinner for 3 cost!

Visited October 2012