“Timothy Junior” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 157 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Bangui, Central African Republic
“Timothy Junior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was my first time in this place and I really loved it. I passed 6 month without my famly. The staff is wonderful and friendly. Rooms are clean and the food is safe. I really like this place.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

This was my first time in a Christian Hotel and it was an interesting experience. The place is very clean and the staff disinfect the floors everyday.Sundays and some other days groups were in and would often be found in small bible groups or prayer meetings.
The location is good. The rooms basic but clean. They have mosi nets but no air con, Internet is very patchy and much better outside or hanging off the balcony.The rooms with little sitting room are great for working.
We only ate in two of the three restaurants. They were not great but they were adequate. There are other places to eat a taxi ride away. I recommend those
Breakfast is somewhat disconcerting as it finishes at 8.30 and they have a tendency to start packing away early (8.10am on day) or calling you up about 8.10 to ask if you are coming.
Housekeeping staff also start early so if you want a lie in put the DND sign out
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
There is some construction work outside (Dec 11) so not very quiet but starts after 7.30.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This Christian hotel/conference centre is great value for money. Rooms are clean, food is substantial, pool is a good size, albeit cold. \atmosphere is relaxed and, at the price, really hard to beat. Breakfast obviously not an Ulster fry but a good effort, none the less.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Basic rooms, clean, friendly staff, good food and safe.

Have been several times over the years, and always found it exactly the same! Swimming pool usually very busy with schools or non residents.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
rosenairobi, marketing officer at Methodist Guest House, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for staying at Methodist Guest house and conference, we appreciate your comment and we are happy you liked our service.

we look forward to to welcoming you once more at Methodist.

Best regards
Tennant Creek, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

The Room was fine. Our stay was fine. We avioded dining in (not impressed at appearance of the buffet based on the price asked... but that was a personal decision). Breakfast was decent.
"Terrible" rating is based on a bad experience following our stay.
I lost a camera charger (left it in the room, my own fault).
A few days later caught a taxi to the hotel to enquire... They made me sit in reception for One Hour while they checked. After 30 mins my taxi driver (quite happy at the delay) came in to assist... They had not even contacted lost and found. I asked for the manager, whom they told we was not present. I asked who was in charge, they would not say. I was later told by my taxi driver that the staff were saying (in Swahili) that they "Did not want to call the duty manager". So the staff were listening to my questions, and then lying to my face. So after 50 mins I was finally told that someone was "looking in lost and found". After 55 mins they managed a "Sorry, it doesn't seem to be there, woudl you like to leave your email?". The camera charger cost me $70 (my own fault). The Crappy Service cost me an extra $25US which I'm sure made a wonderful day for my Taxi Driver.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
rosenairobi, Marketing Officer at Methodist Guest House, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
We do appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience after you lost your charger. we have noted your concerned and we do promise this will never happen again.

We look forward for your next visit.
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

Returning to the Methodist Guest House in October (for my 4th or 5th stay) was like going back to meet old friends. From the warm welcome at the check in to the friendliness of the restaurant staff we knew we would have a comfortable and relaxed stay.
Along with 5 colleagues we were using the MGH as our base for a working tour of the Nairobi area. The rooms (while not Holiday Inn standard) are great value - and the Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal option meant we were assured of plenty of good food at the start and finish of each day. The buffet style meals offered a good selection of food. Breakfast is much the same every day but the evening meal is varied. We had one vegetarian in our party and there were always god options for a non meat eater.
The rooms were cleaned daily and new towels provided. As we spent the second half of our 10-day trip visit rural areas it was particuarly nice to return home for a hot shower - and there was always copious amounts of piping hot water at all times of the day.
In order to keep our friends at home updated via our daily blog we made use of the wireless internet facility. Speeds are not bad but the coverage is not extensive and you sometimes have to search around for a decent 'hot spot'. I brought a 10 hour pass which lasted for virutally the whole week.
The swimming pool was a real bonus and we enjoyed relaxing by it when time permitted.
Siutated out of town the hotel is in a fairly quiet location (apart from barking dogs!). The downside to this is that without transport you are a distance away from any shopping areas.
The hotel would be a good base for anyone visiting the area - but it is especially suitable for church groups such as ours. I very much look forward to returning again and can heartily recommend the MGH as a good value place to stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

We stayed here while visiting Nairobi a few days before going on a safari. It seemed to be a reasonable cost and a good alternative to the pricey hotels the safari companies recommended. It has everything you need- clean rooms, hot showers, access to breakfast and other food, internet. Most of all, it is safe. It is protected 24/7 by guards and a fence. That is very important in Nairobi.

It is simple, however, so if you are expecting luxury this is not the place for you. It is also a fun place to meet other travelers. There is afternoon tea set up each day and that was a good time to chat with other guests; most were foreigners visiting Nairobi. I'd recommend the Guesthouse.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Methodist Guest House? Share your experiences!