“Basic hotel with a great location” 3 of 5 stars

Kenya Comfort Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Monrovia Street & Muindi Mbingu, Nairobi 30425, Kenya   |
Ranked #69 of 130 Hotels in Nairobi
New York City, New York
“Basic hotel with a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Me and my husband stayed for a night at Kenya comfort hotel before departing for Arusha for our Tanzania safari. The hotel is very well located in the centre of the city right across the place from where the shuttle bus leaves for Arusha. There are quite a few restaurants and lounge bars in the area good for getting a feel of the city nightlife. The in house restaurant is quite good with good options & open 24/7. Rooms are nothing to write about, very basic & quite noisy. All in all not so bad if you are here for a short time & location is important but I think we could have done better

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Egremont, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

Don't use this one if you are traveling with credit or debit card only as payment method. They will charge your card after that will tell you have no money on your card and when you will return to home from trip you will realize your account has been charge by Comfort Hotel in Nairobi in Kenya.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
kchensuites, Management at Kenya Comfort Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2010
Thank you for staying with us.The issue with the credit card was beyond our control as it was a bank error. This issue was resolved quickly and the monies were fully refunded. We are surprised that the guest has made such a comment when we attended to this issue promptly. All credit cards are run in a transparency manner in the presence of the guest.
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

it was ok but not brilliant. Noisy. Unfriendly staff and I got food poisoning from our meal there (chicken pizza). TV on loud in the restaurant. High security which was reassuring. Bathroom was functional. I would recommend this place if other places are full and on a budget [we stayed at the Fairview on our last night of the trip which was excellent].

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Brighton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

We spent two nights at this hotel at the beginning of our honeymoon. We rang up and booked the honeymoon package. When we got there the staff had no record of our booking and were not at all apologetic. They gave us an executive room - which I have to say for the price was OK - it was clean and comfortable and the price was very reasonable. We decided to stay another night as we were off on safari very early the next day. We were coming back to nairobi late for just one night after our safari so I asked if I could leave one bag there and book another night for our return - the lady behind the desk wrote down our booking took our bag and off we went. However when we returned tired and hungry after our long journey and asked for our room the incredibly rude staff at the hotel started laughing and said they were full. I explained that prior to leaving we had booked a room but they said as we hadn't already paid for the room they had let it out to someone else. I explained that we had not been asked for payment when we booked but the staff just said it was full and they could not do anything about it - they were not at all apologetic. So I asked if I could use there phone to call another hotel - they said I could but i'd have to pay - at that point I asked to see the manager - who also insisted we'd have to pay to call another hotel even though it was there fault that we had no room - she was also incredibly rude and unapologetic but did allow us one phone call. It also took them half an hour to find my bag - I thought I'd never see it again! We ended up staying at the hotel boulevard - which for a few extra dollars was like a different world. The staff were friendly and helpful - there is an excellent restaurant there and the rooms are lovely. So I'd really recommend that anyone heading to Nairobi steers well clear of the Comfort Hotel - there are other better budget options and I would recommend the Boulevard to anyone.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
kchensuites, Director at Kenya Comfort Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2009
We thank you for staying with us and apologize for not being able to accommodate you on your reference to us.

Firstly, we have policy whereby bookings are only confirmed through payment on the website or bank transfer, furthermore all confirmed bookings have a reservation number. Secondly, there is cultural difference which you must accept regarding difference circumstances and responses. Thirdly, all storage baggage have a luggage tag and a receipt and in eight years of operations, we have never lost a single piece of luggage.

Frankly if I was going on Honeymoon I would not just call, but as is the practice worldwide pay and ensure that my honeymoon booking is secure.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed excellent Kenyan Hospitality at the Boulevard and which generally is 50% -75% more expensive than Kenya Comfort.

On your next visit to Kenya please do contact me personally and I will offer you a first night complimentary stay at Kenya Comfort Hotel.
Thanking you! Operations Director