“Great for an overnight” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Springs Hotel

Save Saved
You added Silver Springs Hotel to your Saves list
Silver Springs Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Valley Road & Argwings Kodhek Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #42 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
midwest
“Great for an overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Silver Springs Hotel as just an overnight on our way to start our safari. We arrived around 9:30 pm, got checked in, showered and went to bed after several very long flights.

6 am the next morning we were up and having a nice breakfast at the hotel before our flight from NBO to Mwanza. The dining area was really pretty and a nice start to our day. We had quick Internet connection which was nice.

A fine place to stay for an overnight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Silver Springs hotel is a great hotel for conference venues. A few kilometers from the city centre makes it a convenient venue especially for those who would like a tour of the city after conference hours. The hotel staff are carteous and friendly, making you feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Moroto, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is situated about 1.5km from the heart of Nairobi at a busy cross roads and just across the road from Nairobi Hospital, which was handy for me because that is why I was in Nairobi. All the recurrent assets - food, staff, etc are excellent - food is tasty and well prepared, staff are friendly and very helpful, the flowers are great and really brighten the inner courtyard, but the fixed assets - buildings, rooms, pool, etc are functioning, but a bit dated and in some cases, worn at the edges. Of course being on a busy road junction means that any outside rooms, especially on the Southern and Western sides can be noisy, but the rooms facing the courtyard - as mine was - are very peaceful and it is nice to look out on the pool and flowers. If you need a change from hotel food, there is a chicken joint across the main road and a good Chinese (Chopsticks) a short walk up the road in the Hurlingham Shopping Centre. If you are feeling more adventurous the Yaya Shopping Centre is about 1km up the road - 20Ksh on a City Hopper Bus - where you can find great food, an excellent bookshop, a Kenya Airways Office, a One Way Shop, a Java Coffee Shop and many other delights. The hotel has a fitness centre, but at peak times it is only available to guests at a cost, so I did not use it. Free internet is available to throughout the hotel and is not secure so I guess open to all visitors.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing the courtyard and not the main roads
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been to this hotel many times. The pool area is a very beautiful section, to sit and wind away evenings. There service in this section is poor, as the management has not placed a permanent waiter to man this section. Kindly management, do something about this! Yestrerday i waited 40 minutes for my fruit punch and another hour for my lunch! yikes!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KenyaHolidayer, General Manager at Silver Springs Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thanks for your feedback Ms. Keshi.
On behalf of the management of Silver Springs Hotel, I would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience you had at our establishment and precisely at the Poolside.
We have since addressed this issue and put measures in place to ensure that this doesn't recur. Next time you are around, kindly sample our services and give us your feedback. I am certain that you will be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate that this is the only way we will be able to improve services to our valued customers.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here the first night of our Kenya trip. The rooms were small, cramped, and the air conditioning did not work. Additionally, our room overlooked the parking lot where there was traffic much of the night as well as loud voices that disrupted our much-needed sleep after a long flight. However, that being said, the food was good and the staff incredibly helpful. Their IT guy was able to help get the Safaricom service running on my iPad which enabled internet access throughout most of the trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eustus, General Manager at Silver Springs Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback.
Your sentiments on the room have been well received and on behalf of the management, I am pleased to inform you that a lot of improvements and renovations have and continue to be done on the old rooms.
We also have a new wing of rooms which are of world class quality. We invite you to come and have a look next time you are in town. I am sure you will be happy with the improvements and will enjoy staying with us.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We spent one night at The Silver Springs before going on safari. It is an average, business-orientated hotel located relatively centrally in Nairobi. The rooms are on the small side but clean and tastefully decorated, although the whole hotel could benefit from a little refurbishment. The management were very helpful and professional. The buffet breakfast was very good.

This hotel is fine for one night as a stop over but I would not stay here for a prolonged period of time as it lacks any character and the rooms are small.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kampala, Uganda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I just got back from Nairobi, where I spent 5 days at the Silver Springs hotel. I was in Nairobi on business and this hotel was recommended by my client. After reading some of the reviews on TA, I was not sure this was the place for me, but in the interest of saving face with the client I did.

Now let me start with the positive, which many reviewers have already mentioned. The hotel staff are wonderful, although I was not too keen on the security wand, which greeted me each time I entered the hotel. The breakfast and dinner buffers were very nice, food was always hot, tasty and there was a wide selection. The room was clean and comfortable, although the bathroom was dated and could use some upgrades.

The worst thing about the hotel were the mosquitoes which woke me up every night at about 3AM, causing me to take the can of insect repellent provided by the hotel and fumigation myself in my battle with the mozes, I had nowhere to go to at that hour, and so desperately needed sleep. I wish the hotel offered a turn down service, where they would spray the room, while I was downstairs enjoying the lovely buffet.

I also had some challenges with the WIFI as well, from the room, but would recommend the hotel for business and not for vacation, I still love my 5 stars for holidays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Silver Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!