“Nice place for stop-over” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Springs Hotel

Save Saved
You added Silver Springs Hotel to your Saves list
Silver Springs Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Valley Road & Argwings Kodhek Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #45 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Tampere, Finland
“Nice place for stop-over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Spend only 6 hrs at this hotel (late arrival to Nairobi and early morning flight back home), but first impression was quite good. I was exhausted after 9 hrs jeep journey from Tanzania to Nairobi and so annoyed to misunderstandings by my local travel agency, that I was sure something will be wrong with my reservation. But fortunately, everything went so smoothly, service and briefing at the reception was friendly. Room was clean and had basic supplies, it look like newly renovated. Bathroom was quite ok, bathtub looked bit ragged and nasty, but it turned to be just scratched, not dirty. Hot shower was REALLY hot, it was diffcult to adjust cold and hot water, but I give one plus-sign of good water pressure, which isn't self-evidence. There was only one bad thing: they had pool area renovation going on and my room was on the pool side, so I got terrible paint and solvent stinks in my room, despite the closed windows and the fact that my room was at third floor. Dinner buffet was quite nice, wide selections both meat- and veggie foods and dessert table with all kind of sweets and fresh fruits. Overall: clean, peacefull and friendly place, nice for relaxing, at least for the short stop-over.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Olgiate Comasco, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

Just few days ago I has been guest to this hotel.
The courtesy is the first world, the rooms are adequate to international standards, very clean and most important are very quite.
In hotel can you find a very good outdoor swimming pool and a gym with top level accessories
All hotel area is really safe some guardian looking your stay
true V.I.P. PLACE very recommended
Have a good stay

• Stayed December 2011
Curepipe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Hotel is a bit far if you have to travel to the centre of Nairobi taking in a/c the awful traffic!. Rooms are very basic but staff are very helpful and dedicated. Fitness centre is quite good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Had a short stay of couple of days at the hotel. The ambience was just ok and so was the food. The hotel was not well maintained. The pool area was the biggest attraction. Nice place to relax after a hectic day with hardly any options to explore especially post dark. Overall the experience was just average. Would not repeat the hotel.

kisumu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I spent 3 nights in this hotel and i dindt like the experience the last day. i checked out on 16th dec 2011 morning and took all my belongings to the reception since we were widing up our conference the same day.I came back to the reception with my colleague at noon, took my bags and a KK guy at the gate called a taxi for us. In the morning i had confirmed my few coins in the purse amounting to KSH.12,000. when i got to town i only found KSH5,000 in my purse. The only explanation i got from the hotel was they cant be certain where i lost my money. My only question is, who in the taxi/street could get into my purse while holding my bag in my hands, and steal from me 7,000 out of the 12,000 in the same purse. The staff are intelligent thieves coz they just wanted me to get confused, but the truth is, they stole from ME!

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed here one night on a business trip. Got a corporate rate as I was part of a larger delegation so I did not mind the price too much. However when I consider the price I would have paid had I booked via the internet then this hotel is actually just below the 'value for money' mark.

The room is small, bed is extremely hard. I was given a room which faced the traffic circle so it was noisy. This was also because the room had louvre windows which do not fully shut and thin curtains so noise easily enters the room.

Food was good, with a large selection from the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Internet available throughout the hotel with good connectivity. There was complimentary internet.

If you are on a budget and need a hotel with business ammenities, this hotel would suffice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street.
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Good hotels in Nairobi are expensive, this one's cost is mid-range compared to those, but then for an average price, you get an average experience. I was in the new Executive wing, which meant that I had to walk from the lobby through the restaurant, past the pool set in the central courtyard, climb 4-5 steps to the lobby of the new wing, then take the elevator up to my floor, all carrying my bags. The rooms are decent sized, with AC, fridge, flat-screen TV and WiFi. However, the AC in my room was not working, and the reception first said they can give me another room the next day only- and there was not even a fan in the room. I refused to stay in the room and said I am checking out, then they agreed to give me another room, where the AC was working. But after that bad start, the stay was OK. The breakfast buffet was quite good, and the room was comfortable. The staff were mostly friendly and polite and helpful. Never saw anyone in the pool, since it is set smack in the middle of the 2 blocks, with half the people eating at the restaurants, and all sorts of passersby and staff walking past all the time, there is no privacy at all. The location is not very central, but for me, it was near where I wanted to go, so it was fine. Not sure whether I will return here the next time.

Room Tip: Go for the New Executive Wing rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Silver Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!