“LOST MY MONEY IN SILVER SPRINGS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Silver Springs Hotel

Save Saved
You added Silver Springs Hotel to your Saves list
Silver Springs Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Valley Road & Argwings Kodhek Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #41 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
kisumu
“LOST MY MONEY IN SILVER SPRINGS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I spent 3 nights in this hotel and i dindt like the experience the last day. i checked out on 16th dec 2011 morning and took all my belongings to the reception since we were widing up our conference the same day.I came back to the reception with my colleague at noon, took my bags and a KK guy at the gate called a taxi for us. In the morning i had confirmed my few coins in the purse amounting to KSH.12,000. when i got to town i only found KSH5,000 in my purse. The only explanation i got from the hotel was they cant be certain where i lost my money. My only question is, who in the taxi/street could get into my purse while holding my bag in my hands, and steal from me 7,000 out of the 12,000 in the same purse. The staff are intelligent thieves coz they just wanted me to get confused, but the truth is, they stole from ME!

Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed here one night on a business trip. Got a corporate rate as I was part of a larger delegation so I did not mind the price too much. However when I consider the price I would have paid had I booked via the internet then this hotel is actually just below the 'value for money' mark.

The room is small, bed is extremely hard. I was given a room which faced the traffic circle so it was noisy. This was also because the room had louvre windows which do not fully shut and thin curtains so noise easily enters the room.

Food was good, with a large selection from the buffet for breakfast and lunch. Internet available throughout the hotel with good connectivity. There was complimentary internet.

If you are on a budget and need a hotel with business ammenities, this hotel would suffice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Good hotels in Nairobi are expensive, this one's cost is mid-range compared to those, but then for an average price, you get an average experience. I was in the new Executive wing, which meant that I had to walk from the lobby through the restaurant, past the pool set in the central courtyard, climb 4-5 steps to the lobby of the new wing, then take the elevator up to my floor, all carrying my bags. The rooms are decent sized, with AC, fridge, flat-screen TV and WiFi. However, the AC in my room was not working, and the reception first said they can give me another room the next day only- and there was not even a fan in the room. I refused to stay in the room and said I am checking out, then they agreed to give me another room, where the AC was working. But after that bad start, the stay was OK. The breakfast buffet was quite good, and the room was comfortable. The staff were mostly friendly and polite and helpful. Never saw anyone in the pool, since it is set smack in the middle of the 2 blocks, with half the people eating at the restaurants, and all sorts of passersby and staff walking past all the time, there is no privacy at all. The location is not very central, but for me, it was near where I wanted to go, so it was fine. Not sure whether I will return here the next time.

Room Tip: Go for the New Executive Wing rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is an in-between hotel, cheaper than the expensive ones but a step or two up from the cheapos.It is clean, that staff are helpful, in fact one of them helped himself or herself to my camera. I was stupid enough to leave it in by bag in my room while I was at the pool. Never trust the staff when you travel in Africa. The pool is in a central courtyard, so all bathers will be ogled by all passing staff and guests.The rooms are a bit noisy from the passing traffic but nothing too bad. Food good and breakfast really good although not quite up to an Ulster fry.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Yorkshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel will never set the world alight but its a good mid-range option. Its a little out of the way of the centre of town (though handy for Hurlingham and Yaya), and it has little in the way of African atmosphere of say Stanley or Norfolk. But then its nothing like the price either. You get well kept, clean rooms with decent levels of traveler comfort (fridge, TV, aircon, WIFI etc). Food is functional rather than flamboyant, but its good enough. Staff are friendly and helpful. Wish the pool was open later in the evening.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

In spite of the location next to a busy roundabout the room was quiet enough. Possibly best to avoid rooms directly facing the roundabout.My room was in the new "executive" wing. Room big and nice but with some smell of "damp". Breakfast nice with a big buffet. At lunch and dinner choice of buffet or ala carte. I found the room price to be quite high but do not know how it compare with other hotels in Nairobi. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Avaid rooms facing the main road and roundabout.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Stayed here for one night (5th November) at the beginning of recent safari trip to Masai Mara. We arrived quite late in the evening yet the staff were welcoming and plentiful and our bags were quickly carried to our room and we settled in for the night.
A note in the room indicated the air conditioning unit wasn't yet functioning (gradually being installed through the hotel) and to call Reception if we required an electric fan. We did, and within minutes a very courteous staff member brought a large floor-standing fan which proved more than adequate for our requirements.
The bathroom was absolutely spotless, with plenty of towels and complimentary shampoos, etc.. The shower was very good with plentiful hot water.
The twin beds were very comfortable with spotless linen. Tea/coffee making facilities were more than adequate.
After a good sleep we had an early start and before breakfast had time for a little wander around the external perimiter of the hotel. All the staff we met were courteous and welcoming.
Breakfast was quite amazing, with a vast selection of fruit, yoghurt, cereal, cooked breakfast (including mini steaks), pancakes, various breads, rolls, croissants and muffins. The staff were attentive but not intrusive and cleared away used items as soon as we'd finished.
Our departure from the hotel was smooth and the whole stay was completely hassle-free - so welcome after a long, tiring flight.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would have no hesitation about staying there again. Those pancakes were delicious!

• Stayed November 2010

Been to Silver Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!