“Thanks Trevor and Hannah” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Wildlife Safari Offer
Ranked #8 of 151 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Perth
“Thanks Trevor and Hannah”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Trevor was extremely helpful in arranging my internal travel and bookings in Kenya. What impressed me was his prompt email replies to my many questions and requests. Friendly Hannah looked after me very well with her cooked dinners and breakfast. The KLH provided a homely escape from the bedlam of Nairobi traffic. The taxi service arranged by Trevor was reliable. I used this service for two complete days while I was in Nairobi to visit wherever I wished to go. I would recommend KLH if you are not interested in staying in the large expensive tourist hotels in the centre of Nairobi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Trevor2009, Owner at Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Reviews are always appreciated, we know that for the guest it is a special time for them and endeavour to provide personal service. It is then gratifying when we know that they enjoyed their time with us.

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My 2 friends and I recently spent a long weekend in Nairobi and couldn't have been happier with Kikuyu and all of Trevor's help. He seriously answers every single email and is so amenable and helpful. Our group was initially 5 girls, then 4, then 3, and then we changed our flight 1 day before we were to arrive and Trevor was still able to accomodate everything! The atmosphere at the logde feels like extended family - Hannah is an amazing cook and so friendly and Trevor has so much knowledge and experience that you can't go wrong with any of his suggestions. We loved Nairobi, went also to Lake Nakuru (not to be missed), the Elephant Orphanage, the Safari Walk, and the Giraffe park, all in about 2.5 days. The tour guide Trevor organised, Charles, was wonderful and it's clear they work together all the time.

The lodge is about 15 minutes outside of downtown Nairobi, but that wasn't a problem for us since we were focused really on outside activities. That would be the only drawback so if you're looking at a hotel that will give you lots of access to downtown Nairobi, this probably isn't the place. Otherwise, enjoy the lovely garden and wonderful hospitality of Kikuyu Lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Trevor2009, Owner at Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We are very pleased that the group enjoyed their stay here. It was a pleasure to organise their trips out to the Rift Valley Lakes and places of interest around Nairobi. We hope they will return for a full Safari some time. The review is much appreciated.
Nords Wharf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

First we must mention the hospitality at Kikuyu Lodge. Trevor made as feel welcomed and organised a safari for us to remember for a long time. The balloon trip over the Masai Mara was spectacular. Hannah the cook was sooooooo pleasant. Thanks to you both.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
It is great to know that people have enjoyed the wildlife safaris we have organised for them and their time with us. These reviews are appreciated but our staff and hopefully will assist other travellers. We know and appreciate that your time in Kenya whether on holiday or business is a special time for you and hosting you is our pleasure.
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

We were very satisfied with the accommodation and with our room. Everything was clean, room was very nice. The food was expceptional. Hannah (cook) and Trevor (owner) are very nice. Trevor helped us to book flight tickets in the time when it was almost impossible and he spent a lot of time trying to find flight tickets for us to Zanzibar. What we appreciate most is that Trevor organized for us 10 days Safari trip, which was absolutely great and well organized. We asked for mid range safari and the price was important for us. Trevor offered the lowest price for the best quality. We were surprised by the quality of accommodation which was offered by other safari tour operators for extra fee. So thanks to Trevor we had pleasant stay in Nairobi and amazing Safari.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor2009, Owner at Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
I am very glad to hear that this young couple were happy, there safari took them to Tanzania and then on directly to Zanzibar and I was please that we managed to find a small airline that made their trip easier. Making the safari fit the clients interest and budget is our primary role, and of course within the budget the accommodation and food while in the game parks has to a priority, this is the basis of our reputation.
Hungerford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I would irst like to say, how exceptional Trevor is. The number of e mails I sent him was inumerable, yet he replied to every one no matter how trivial
My wife had ridden 400k in Kenya within 4days, or women versus cancer charity, as this gave us the chance of a lifetime, of travelling to Kenya, going to the coast of Mombasa with a Safari at the end.
We wre going to travel by train from Nairobi to Mombasa by train.
I had already contacted Trevor about staying at his Lodge The day we came back from Mombasa readying or a Safari. Trevor not only arranged us to stay at Kikuyu for the night prior to the Safari, but also the Safari itself and then the last day after the Safari. He also arranged for taxis rom Nairobi to his Lodge and return. Also as I had told him we were going to catch the train. He suggested rather than spend the day in and around Nairobi that we go to his lodge or awhile the go buy taxi to the station. All this worked out well.
Unfortunately the day before my wife was to go off on her trip we received word that the train had been cancelled . He came to our rescue and let us stay at the Lodge overnight untl the plane I had to book after the cancellation of the train. He again arranged for the taxi both ways.
Thinking that nothing else could go wrong I met my wife at Nairobi after her ride, the taxi driver waited until she arrived and of we sped, we were met by a really exceptional woman called Hannah, who was more like a mother duck looking after flock, she got out chairs or us to sit on then later two beds or us to lie on in the garden.
Trevor came in and we met it was like meeting someone you had known for years so welcoming was he.He was a wealth of information.
I had in one of my many e mails asked if my wife could have use o a washing machine or her dirty riding clothes. Not only did he say yes but also Hannah did the laundry herself.
Trevor allowed us to leave our clothes we were to wear on the Safari at his lodge, again a resounding yes. He kept the room we had on day one for us all the time we were in Mombasa.
Then disaster struck, the plane we were suposed to have caught from Mombasa back to Nairobi had been cancelled.
He had found out that this had happened and that we were supposed to have caught the earlier one. Unfortunately our rep had not told us of this.
Trevor had arranged for the taxi to be at the airport for the earlier flight(the one our rep forgot to tell us of)
When I found out that our flight had been cancelled I managed to contact Trevor and let him know that we were going to be two hours late, he was justifiably surprised, but he then arranged that the taxi wait for the extra four hours (remenber he though we were on the earlier) Eventually we made it the cost an extra ten pounds.
We stayed overnight once again Hannah was tremendous and laid on another feast.
Early the next morning our mini bus for the Safari.
Not only was it most comfortable but we had a dedicated driver just to ourselves. Let it be said that the driver guide (Godfrey made our Safari) we were lucky enough to see the big five even the Rhino.
We returned pleased to be going back to Kikuyu lodge Trevor/Hannah and Trevors' son Dan
a really nice man, in fact he drove us to the airport to catch our plane.
I cannot thank Trevor et al enough for all they did for us.
Both my wife and I were very sad to have been leaving Kenya.
I can truthfully vouch that anyone contacting Trevor will find someone so helpful which in todays world is a rare thing.
Thanks Trevor.
If you are thinking of going to Kenya and want to do as we did, leave it all to Trevor.
Bob Swift

Room Tip: It does not matter they are all the same
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Trevor2009, Owner at Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
For someone to come from the UK to cycle 400 kilometers in the temperatures and at altitude for charity is a wonderful thing and it was my pleasure to organise their safari and take care of their travel arrangements while with us at Kikuyu. I wish them and the others associated with their charity well in their endeavors.
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Kikuyu Lodge so very much. The room was clean and very comfortable - nice beds, couch, and en suite bathroom; tastefully decorated. The garden view from the window was breathtaking. The garden itself was such a delight. It was much bigger than we had anticipated, housing over 100 trees, many of them of the flowering variety. Just beautiful. We enjoyed sitting outside in the mornings, sipping our coffee and watching the birds. We counted 17 varieties one morning -- a real treat, as we are bird watchers! The food was fresh and good; the staff just excellent and friendly too. Trevor, the owner, is a very personable man; helpful in every way and a generous friend to all. The neighborhood was peaceful and quiet --we slept so well. We will definitely visit this quaint and homey hotel again and look forward to it!

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
We are obviously please when our guests are happy. The garden and bird life have developed wonderfully over time since we built the hotel and are relaxing for guests after the pressure of traveling, we know your time with us is special to you and we try to make it as smooth running and comfortable as possible.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I found Kikuyu Lodge through TripAdvisor and was pleased with the accommodation, and the garden setting is lovely where cheerful Hannah serves a nice breakfast. The Lodge is a distance from downtown Nairobi, but the personalized service one receives more than makes up for the extra travel time. Trevor was so helpful - aiding us with lost luggage, driving us to the airport for a pickup at 3am and arranging a driver for an all-day excursion. With our own driver, we were able to visit all the parks (elephant, giraffe, reptile) and sights we wished in Nairobi at a fraction of the cost we would have incurred had we booked with a downtown tour operator.
I had already organized my safari when I found Kikuyu, but another time I would welcome having Trevor organize a trip for us, as he seems very well-connected with the various safari operators and can make excellent recommendations. One needs to be careful when organizing a safari - there are many many operators all served by many many brokers. Having someone with a vested interest in your successful safari organize for you would be a very good idea.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Trevor2009, Owner at Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
It is gratifying to know that you were happy with your time here and I was pleased that your luggage was located and finally caught up with you before you went to Tanzania. Personal service and local knowledge is what we hope to bring to your safari holiday and I hope we can organise a trip for you in the future.

Been to Kikuyu Lodge Hotel & Safaris? Share your experiences!