“fiti -- Its Ok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Heron Portico

Booking.com Hotels.com
The Heron Portico
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Milimani Road, Opp. Provincial Police Headquarters | P. O. Box 41848, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Special Price
15% OFF ON JR. SUITE
Ranked #18 of 93 hotels in Nairobi
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“fiti -- Its Ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was here for a very short visit as a sharing guest with my colleague. The room is quite good, space, furniture, beds etc., Bathroom showers .... problem. Security is quite good. No lift facility for the rooms backside. Appears my colleague faced big issues with wifi connectivity, think it is better the hotel improves this becaz mostly we come on business. executive lunch options limited but tasty enough. Overall fiti. While my short stay I was asked by housekeeping staff if I wanted to get the room cleaned. Got a small Jim, Swimming pool. Good show.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms having lift connection.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. My client typically books folks into the Hilton but my fixer suggested the Heron. Rooms were nothing special but the staff was fantastic and it was a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NAIROBI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked my guest Mr. Marco Favazza from Italy in your splendid hotel last week as from the 29 April upto 04 May 2013 and we appreciated the quality service of the tall huge brown gentleman in your Front Office. My guest will certainly recommend your hotel on his next visit in October 2013.

Many thanks.

Anthony Smith.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you for taking time to write down the review and sharing it with fellow travelers.

Your feedback is very encouraging and I have shared it with the entire team. They are delighted that you had a wonderful stay in all aspects and are thrilled on being appreciated for their efforts.

Positive feedback from our guest is always a strong motivation to all of us.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Sanjeev Tiwari
Linlithgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here on several occasions during april/may 2013. Staff are warm and friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable. Hotel seems secure with guards at the gates etc (and Police HQ on the other side of the road, and same area of town as the president's house). Wifi facilities are good. Business people staying for more than a couple of nights might get bored with the current menu in the restaurant and bistro/cafe - I discussed this today with the general manager and understand that new menus are on their way any day now, so I'll look forward to those on my next visit. The Heron probably isn't a "family" hotel but it does have a pool and a gym so if you are coming with family I'm sure the children will be fine. Overall, very good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the rooms at the back of the hotel which seemed to be quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that the level of service and the hotel ambiance was to your liking.

We take immense pride in training our staff so that our guests are delighted. Your comment on the services of our staff encourages and motivates them to attain higher levels of perfection.
We have introduced our new menu and would like you to give your valuable feedback in next visit.

We look forward to the pleasure of your next stay with us.

Regards,

Sanjeev Tiwari
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Heron Portico hotel in Nairobi made us feel like our home away from home. Mr David Mwaniki, the front desk manager, made sure our stay was as comfortable and relax as possible. His professionalism, friendliness, and dedication to making his guests feel at home are outstanding. Thank you Mr. Mwaniki and your hotel and your staff will be our choice when we return to Nairobi and we will highly recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Livingstone, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is in a secure area in Nairobi, is comfortable and has wonderful staff. The rooms are well equipped, and offer a cozy nights sleep. The staff are wonderful, welcoming and helpful. Honestly a wonderful place to stay in Nairobi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions in 2011 during my business trips to Nairobi. My travelling agent could not find anything better within the given budget. I found this hotel to be okay for business travelers like me. But i would not recommend it to someone travelling with kids and family. Honestly, what i heard about this hotel from the locals was that the hotel was infamous for various (obvious) reasons in the past! and during my stay in the hotel, I did find few such elements sitting in the bar and restaurants :)
Otherwise, hotel stay is comfortable, bar and restaurant is very nice, and they serve nice hot food. Breakfast buffet is splendid! Rooms are average. They also have a swimming pool in the hotel which was a nice past time for some sun bathing. Location of the hotel is also very good, close to the central Nairobi and still very peaceful and green surroundings.
Overall I would give 3.5 stars for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Heron Portico? Share your experiences!