“NICE HOTEL TO STAY” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Heron Portico

You added The Heron Portico to your Saves list
The Heron Portico
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Milimani Road, Opp. Provincial Police Headquarters | P. O. Box 41848, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
NAIROBI
“NICE HOTEL TO STAY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I booked my guest Mr. Marco Favazza from Italy in your splendid hotel last week as from the 29 April upto 04 May 2013 and we appreciated the quality service of the tall huge brown gentleman in your Front Office. My guest will certainly recommend your hotel on his next visit in October 2013.

Many thanks.

Anthony Smith.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, June 4, 2013

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you for taking time to write down the review and sharing it with fellow travelers.

Your feedback is very encouraging and I have shared it with the entire team. They are delighted that you had a wonderful stay in all aspects and are thrilled on being appreciated for their efforts.

Positive feedback from our guest is always a strong motivation to all of us.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards
Sanjeev Tiwari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Linlithgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here on several occasions during april/may 2013. Staff are warm and friendly, rooms are clean and comfortable. Hotel seems secure with guards at the gates etc (and Police HQ on the other side of the road, and same area of town as the president's house). Wifi facilities are good. Business people staying for more than a couple of nights might get bored with the current menu in the restaurant and bistro/cafe - I discussed this today with the general manager and understand that new menus are on their way any day now, so I'll look forward to those on my next visit. The Heron probably isn't a "family" hotel but it does have a pool and a gym so if you are coming with family I'm sure the children will be fine. Overall, very good.

Room Tip: I stayed in the rooms at the back of the hotel which seemed to be quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that the level of service and the hotel ambiance was to your liking.

We take immense pride in training our staff so that our guests are delighted. Your comment on the services of our staff encourages and motivates them to attain higher levels of perfection.
We have introduced our new menu and would like you to give your valuable feedback in next visit.

We look forward to the pleasure of your next stay with us.

Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Heron Portico hotel in Nairobi made us feel like our home away from home. Mr David Mwaniki, the front desk manager, made sure our stay was as comfortable and relax as possible. His professionalism, friendliness, and dedication to making his guests feel at home are outstanding. Thank you Mr. Mwaniki and your hotel and your staff will be our choice when we return to Nairobi and we will highly recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed April 2013
Livingstone, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is in a secure area in Nairobi, is comfortable and has wonderful staff. The rooms are well equipped, and offer a cozy nights sleep. The staff are wonderful, welcoming and helpful. Honestly a wonderful place to stay in Nairobi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on multiple occasions in 2011 during my business trips to Nairobi. My travelling agent could not find anything better within the given budget. I found this hotel to be okay for business travelers like me. But i would not recommend it to someone travelling with kids and family. Honestly, what i heard about this hotel from the locals was that the hotel was infamous for various (obvious) reasons in the past! and during my stay in the hotel, I did find few such elements sitting in the bar and restaurants :)
Otherwise, hotel stay is comfortable, bar and restaurant is very nice, and they serve nice hot food. Breakfast buffet is splendid! Rooms are average. They also have a swimming pool in the hotel which was a nice past time for some sun bathing. Location of the hotel is also very good, close to the central Nairobi and still very peaceful and green surroundings.
Overall I would give 3.5 stars for this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am traveling alone and am a single white woman. David Mwaniki, the Front Office Manager has done a brilliant job hire the most wonderful team - Nancy, Paris, Caesar, Vincent. They have all made sure I am safe where ever I go in the city, advising me on the rules of bartering, recommending restaurants and ensuring I feel welcome. The rooms are lovely and clean and comfortable. Three of the restaurant staff - Victor, Francis and Toshling - have been very helpful as well and greet me warmly every morning. I highly recommend this hotel. It is central and in a safe neighbourhood. Good security

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely as I have had to stay in Nariobi a lot longer than expected I have been in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is good to know that we have lived up to your expectations also heartening to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased to know that you liked our well appointed rooms, cleanliness at the hotel, Friendliness and courtesy of the staff and Security at the hotel. We are pleased to know that we have been able to live to your expectations. Such comments have always been our strength as they motivate us to work harder and deliver better.

Warm Regards
nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Room: Very nice room
Food: Very tasty
Crew: Very friendly
Cleanliness: You can smell the detol in bathroom
Internet: V good
Overall" Just EXCELLENT
I have been coming to Nairobi since 2010 & I tried a lot of hotel. Here you get much value than you pay. My friend David & his team are doing an excellent job here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, February 4, 2013

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a hotel, we take immense pride in the fact that we work to make our guests feel at home. Feedback like this motivates the entire team to perform even better and more efficiently.

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Warm Regards,

Sanjeev Tiwari

Been to The Heron Portico? Share your experiences!