“Excellent experience at the Heron Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Heron Portico

You added The Heron Portico to your Saves list
The Heron Portico
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Milimani Road, Opp. Provincial Police Headquarters | P. O. Box 41848, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #17 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Excellent experience at the Heron Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I checked into The Heron hotel last year mid-October, 2012. I had booked through email with David and I must say he was very very efficient in his quick reservations he did for me, am so grateful. I had booked a standard room and was lucky to be upgraded to a superior room and my oh my!! the room is one to die for...comfort, warmth, spacious...it felt 'at home'. The service at the restaurant too was superb, polite, customer friendly and very efficient staff. Vincent at the reception also handled me quite well. I was picked from the airport promptly.., no delay!!I like the great team work at the superb hotel and you guys should keep it up. Fantastic job well done. :)))

Room Tip: The superior rooms are so so spacious if you want a good walk-around feel in your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted that the level of service and the hotel ambience was to your liking and you found the ambience immaculate.

We take immense pride in training our staff so that our guests are delighted. Your comment on the services of our staff encourages and motivates them to attain higher levels of perfection.

We look forward to the pleasure of your next stay with us.

Warm regards,

Sanjeev Tiwari

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The Heron Hotel has recently been refurbished and offers a good option for business and leisure travellers who prefer not to be in the middle of the action downtown Nairobi. Being on Milimani Road it offers the opportunity to be close enough to the centre without the hustle and bustle of the town centre. It is also within walking distance to Lenana Road if you happen to be in Nairobi on a business trip linking up to development agencies. Staff is friendly and attentive to requests by customers. The restaurant offers good choices on their menu for dinner if you feel not to have a test of the many restaurants in the area. The breakfast buffet could be improved with a better variety of food.

Room Tip: Rooms in the block at the back are quieter than the ones on the main block at the front.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, January 17, 2013

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

We wholeheartedly thank you for taking time to write down the review.
Your feedback is very encouraging and I have shared it with the entire team. They are delighted that you had a wonderful stay in all aspects and are thrilled on being appreciated for their efforts. We have taken a note of your feedback on our buffet breakfast variety and would like to assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Hopefully you will find the difference in your next visit.
Positive feedback from our guests are always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Stayed at the Heron for a couple of days in October on Business. The location is a touch off the main sights and sounds but it adds lusture to the Hotel.

It has the look and feel of an Old English Hunting Lodge and the winding pathway and stairs to my 3rd floor room was real great. The room itself was decent sized and the spacious bathrooms was a relief

It also had a more than reasonable Vegetarian selection and the Breakfast was fulfilling

The Hotel staff can do with a bit more training and they took a long time to check me in. The only sour note was me and my colleague who used the same Hotel shuttle from the airport which we had pre-booked were charged separately ( double charge).

If you have the habit of rushing to catch your flight, do plan in advance as this one is a fair distance from the airport and passes through some real busy thorough fares in heavy traffic.

The property is slightly pricey but I guess the good decor and the cleanliness of the place will attract Business and Pleasure travel alike

Ravi

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sanjeev t, General Manager at The Heron Portico, responded to this review, December 27, 2012

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is good to know that we have lived up to your expectations, also heartening to know that you enjoyed your stay, while you were with us.

As far as your grievances are concerned, kindly accept our sincere apologies for the same. We assure you that we will be looking on the mentioned points in the most optimistic way and considering them as moments of truth we will improvise on the same. Such comments have always been our strength as they motivate us to work harder and deliver better.

We commit that we will always welcome you with open arms leaving no stone unturned thus ensuring you a wondrous stay enriched with beautiful moments and unforgettable memories. We are waiting for you for yet another beautiful stay with us.

Warm Regards
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The rooms especially the deluxe is to die for...spacious, executive...got no words to express what I have experienced there, customer service is excellent and the staff are very hospitable. keep it up and keep the good work, maintain and even seek to be better to perfection!!

Room Tip: Depending on taste/preference choose a space that feels comfortable for you and also if you want a b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from The Heron Portico!

Thank you for taking time to write down the review and sharing it with fellow travellers.

Positive feedback from our guests is always a strong motivation to all of us to continuously provide a high level of services to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I organised a workshop for 15+ people from around Africa at this hotel. The Managers and staff did an excellent job of arranging accommodation, airport transfers, meals and conference facilities; accommodated numerous last-minute and complicated requests with efficiency and professionalism; and went to extra lengths to ensure the comfort and security of our participants and their belongings. The rooms were comfortable and clean, conference and other facilities good and well maintained, the food tasty and fresh and the service excellent. Most importantly, the staff at all levels were incredibly friendly, helpful and professional.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here while in Nairobi for work. I checked the website beforehand and was not very impressed with the pictures, so I was not expecting much. Therefore, when I got to Heron Hotel, I thought surely there was a mistake.

The facade was elegant and the reception sophisticated with predominantly wood decor. My room was tastefully furnished, very clean and comfortable. There didn't appear to be any air conditioning, but the weather was cool when I visited, so that wasn't a problem. However, it might have been different during hotter weather.

My main problem with the room was the design of the shower, which led to a lot of water leaking onto the floor. It was not all a pretty sight after each shower time.

The restaurant food was delicious, though pretty expensive as hotel meals tend to be. The Heron Hotel is located in a quiet area of Nairobi, although the more vibrant downtown is a mere 15 minutes away by car. The fitness centre was not yet open when I stayed there, although I got to look at it and could see that it would be a great facility, with more space and equipment than the average hotel gym.

It is a good place to stay if you want a comfortable, quiet hotel, which is not too far from the buzz of the city centre. I would suggest however that the hotel gets itself a better website.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The rooms are large,beds extremely comfortable. Shower is big and the water pressure is nice. Service from everyone in hotel is excellent. Seems like a change of management. Very close to CBD.Buffet breakfast was OK, can have some more variety.

Room Tip: Ask for block C room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Heron Portico? Share your experiences!