“Thumbs Up!! Adventure Panorama Safaris” 4 of 5 stars

Olive Gardens Hotel
Argwings Kodhek Road | Hurlingham, Nairobi, Kenya (Upper Hill Estate)   |
Ranked #56 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Thumbs Up!! Adventure Panorama Safaris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I am through with my honeymoon trip, which i organised with Adventure Panorama Safaris, in Kenya. Well, the trip was abit costly but all the same it was worth it!! I got to enjoy every bit of it. Many animals, alot of food, good guide and a honest consultant, Nickson Ogilo.

Prior to my trip to Masai Mara, pour accommodation was in Olive Garden hotel, very clean, quite, comfortable and listening staff.

I really liked it...and appreciate it alot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Nairobi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I wanted to book guests at this hotel for an upcoming conference but the reviews I have read are over 90% negative. I will book them at another hotel as I cant afford to have my visitors end up making such comments as below. Gone is the accommodation, conference fees etc. I hope the management is reading and responding to customers' complains. The hotel is well positioned due to its location but this will not sell if the service levels are low. There are a number of hotels to learn from.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Juba, South Sudan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have previously stayed at this hotel for 20 times, solely because I like the location in Hurlingham, where I used to live some years ago.. This time was the last. When checking in, after having got a room, I was suddenly told, almost attacked, by a sealous little senior lady at the reception that I should pay for my room in advance, and in dollars. As if I was some seedy character, although she knew me very very well.

I complied, but upon coming to my room, I realised how much the hotel had changed. The TV was all white noise. The toilet could not flush. The towel was a rag with big holes. etc. etc. The room was the same I paid 20 dollars lower for some months back. A scam of sorts, to put it bluntly. Trick could be, once you get familiar with your room, you want to leave immediately, but then you have already paid.

Needless to say, I checked out the next morning. Asking for the hotel manager, he was nowhere to be found. He is always around, is my experience, so Olive Gardens now get the worst review I can ever think of.

Niels Lauritsen

I complied, paying USdollars 111 in advance, and then I realised what a ascam it all isitpion

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

The Olive Gardens is comfortable, like home. There is a nice bar/restaurant area inside and out; and the food is terrific. The rooms are clean; the staff is courteous; and there is on-site round-the-clock security and I felt safe. The location is ideal; and within walking distance to the Ya Ya shopping mall. I plan to recommend this hotel to other colleagues who will also be coming to Nairobi.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Ahmedabad, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We stayed in the hotel for a meeting. One evening when we were out someone used a duplicate key to enter some of our rooms and stole our valuables, cash, phones and laptops. A further examination revelaed that the security f the hotel is indede very lax.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Horrible hotel in a decent location at a cheap price by Nairobi standards. Basically, it's 1970s England - tiny rooms, nylon sheets, awful decor, plastic carpet protector, small windows to service ducts, lucky to get warm water. Internet unusable before midnight. Wretched breakfast included. Don't even think about ordering food in the restaurant or going to the gym. Oh, and there is no garden, let alone olives.
Still, you're in Hurlingham. Escape is easy. If only there were some decent hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Alton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I only stayed one night as I was in transit. The whole place has a faded look about it as though the management don't care anymore.
The room had a musty smell and wasn't too clean. Fortunately, the bed was clean and comfortable.
I ordered a club sandwich in the restaurant. It came after 20 minutes, with an apology, but it was probably the worst example of the genre I have ever seen.
On the positive side the place is secure and conveniently placed for downtown and Wilson airport; but I wouldn't stay there more than a one night transit stop.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to Olive Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!