“great specials” 4 of 5 stars

+(254)0737032064
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #129 of 354 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Italian, Sandwiches, European, Vegetarian, Delicatessen, Grill, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“great specials”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I highly recommend you go for the specials every time you visit, the chef always has something special :) My favorite from the menu is the Swahili snapper comes and for a light biting I recommend the bacon cheese samosas (orgasm in the mouth) to wash it down white wine, Leopard's leap to be specific.

The place has good ambiance, helpful staff. They have Quiz nights once a month. great time to come with friends and battle against other teams and have a good time.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
936Diana83, Public Relations Manager at Moniko's Kitchen, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Franklin, Thank you so much for your kind review, we are glad you loved your visit with us, you'll be glad to hear the swahili snapper will still be a regular on our specials, along with our carmbert samosa's. We look forward to having you join us again for a glass of stags leap (or two)

Nairobi
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have had both lunch and dinner here and both were not disappointing at all. They have managed to stay consistent since they reopened and expanded, Lunch was carbonara for me and a turkey sandwich for my friend. For dinner, I have had the swahili red snapper, pink snapper and lamb chops which were all very well done. Particularly the swahili red snapper - my favourite for sure. The pork chops are definitely worth a try according to my friend.
The samosas that come so highly recommended are not worth it in my opinion. They have an off taste to them and we struggled to finish them. Nachos were pretty awesome too!
My recommendation - give it a try, especially on a nice sunny afternoon and also on a quiz night if that is your kind of thing.

• Visited March 2014
Belgrade, Serbia
“An ok place for a meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had dinner at this place and it was pleasant sitting outside. They also have indoors seating, the staff was friendly enough. We did wait a bit for the food, though it was just one hot meal and two starters. Cheese plate was great, and so were nachos with guacamole sauce. The prices are not so low, and the main dishes were mostly meat and sea food, not really a good place for a vegetarian. In addition to the menu (attached photo) there were chef's specials (meat and seafood again). Coffee was good and cheaper than in most coffee places in Nairobi we have visited so far. All in all, it was good, but nothing special. Quite a walk from CBD.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nairobi, Kenya
“Decent for lunch, overpriced for dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I've been a for lunches, dinner, and quiz nights. The quiz nights are good fun, and the prizes are excellent. Lunches are fairly solid, though for all the fresh greens and veggies they use, I wish there were more vegetarian options. Dinner is wildly overpriced and average food at best.

If you're looking for a quiet spot for a lunch meetings, this is a good call. And certainly check out when they are doing quiz nights. But otherwise you can give it a pass.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Hey Monikos,
I had the worst experience ever at your restaurant of Valley Arcade. I ordered a beef salad. The meat was rotten. Flys were even coming on the salad! I talked to 2 waiters, they said sorry we know the meat is very aged. The cook confirmed it might be even too aged. And guess what I had to pay for it!! The staff did not want to make any discount or not charge it. Shame on you Moniko's!!

Visited December 2013