“Good for short stays. Excellent location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Meridian Hotel

You added Meridian Hotel to your Saves list
Meridian Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Muranga Road | Moi Avenue, Nairobi 30278-00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #15 of 122 Hotels in Nairobi
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Good for short stays. Excellent location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel was renovated recently from what I saw and renovation work is ongoing in some floors. You can't beat the location, excellent location and walking distance to the City Centre, Nairobi University and many other hotels nearby.

Floors were dirty in the room which I stayed. I had to ask for a foot mat, which they did not have but I asked them for a floor towel used in the washroom. Every time I walked on the floor, I got my feet dirty. The washroom was clean, towels clean.

I worked at the Gym which is a very basic gym, no Dumbbells, no Barbell. A home gym is available. A swimming pool is also there.

Taxis are easily available nearby. All Staff were courteous and helpful.

Overall, if you are looking for a hotel in a good location in the city this hotel is recommended.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Goma, DRC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed only one night in this hotel in March 2015 with my mother. The room was a spacious size, with a modern bathroom, a kettle to make tea and coffee, tv with a decent variety of channels, a properly working wi-fi and extremely comfortable beds. I pass through Nairobi a lot, but until now I never stayed in this hotel, but from now on, I do consider it as a nice option, especially when I need to be in and around downtown area. The hotel staff were very courteous, they immediately changed our room when I realized that the first one they assigned to us was a smoking room. They were also nice to help us have a breakfast very early (before the breakfast start time) as our flight was early in the morning.
Overall it's a good place for its worth!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mombasa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When comparing Nairobi Hotel prices, this hotel is great.

The bed is the best I've slept on, everything is very clean and well maintained, the restaurant has truly delicious food (although quite pricey by Kenyan standards).

We ordered a taxi through the hotel a couple of times and the drivers were reasonable prices and knowledgeable about Nairobi.

Wifi was reliable and fast, Showers were hot and had good pressure. If you need to do Laundry, it's really expensive so I suggest finding an alternative but aside from the expensive extras, this hotel is great for us.

We will be back

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very nicely renovated lobby and restaurant. Great choice of meeting and private dining facilities. Good size rooftop pool for lap swimming. Recently renovated guest rooms. Friendly staff. Free parking in building.

Room Tip: any renovated room at front of building.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Mr Oudendijk

Thank you very much for writing a review of the Meridian Hotel, Nairobi.

We very much appreciate the time you took to come and visit us despite your busy schedule. Your positive comments as well as your constructive feedback during your stay with us, were well received. It will now enable us to make further improvements to the Hotel so that we are able to provide a better service to our future guests.

We wish you a safe journey back to The Netherlands and hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I Stayed for 5 days. The food was wonderful. Hotel
Is at a Very good location . I was visiting for the 1 st time and I really appreciate the hotel's helpful staff.Rooms were clean and my stay was very comfortable .
Loved it! Will go there again!

• Stayed January 2015
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Meridian Hotel.

It is good to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. I am also glad you appreciated the convenient location of the Hotel, being in the heart of the city of Nairobi.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the food and also found the staff helpful. Your comments of appreciation will be passed onto the team.

We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future for another memorable experience at the Meridian Hotel Nairobi.

Vasco da Gama, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in this resort for 03 nights & had an amazing time. The staff & service provided to us was very good. Had dinner at Rendezvous an Indian food and Nyama Choma was awesome. Thanks to Chef Sanjay who cooked good Indian food for us and Chef Naveen for being very informative and helpful. Although the renovation is on, but the hotel is nice & definitely will become better...

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Meridian Hotel, Nairobi.

I am delighted that our staff provided very good service to you and your family during your brief stay with us.

I will pass on your comments of appreciation to Chef Naveen and Chef Sanjay. It is great to know that with their International Experience, our new chefs are meeting the needs of our guests.

I am pleased to hear that the renovations at the Hotel are being seen in a positive light. It is our goal to provide a better product and service to our all guests in the very near future.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon for another amazing experience at the Meridian Hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2015

We found the hotel very good in all manners. The rooms have recently been renovated and refurbished. There is still renovation going on in other parts of the hotel. We found the breakfast very good. The service was very good. The rooms and bathroom were very clean and cleaned thoroughly every day. The linen and towels are clean and good. Overall all the amenities are very good. The location is in the city centre, close to very many offices and government offices and foreign embassies.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
MeridianNairobi, Manager at Meridian Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Meridian Hotel.

I am pleased that you found the location of the Hotel convenient, with easy access to various parts of the city. It is good to know that you appreciated the newly renovated rooms and the breakfast. I will ensure that your feedback on the very good service provided by our staff will be passed on appropriately.

At the Meridian Hotel Nairobi, we strive to give our guests the best possible experience at great prices. We very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Director

Been to Meridian Hotel? Share your experiences!