“One night...no more” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Montreal, Canada
“One night...no more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is undergoing renovation. So it will be better for them to close the hotel for a period of time. When you arrive late in the night it's like a nightmare. After the first night I cancelled. The noise is terrible. It like sleeping in the lobby or outside a Saturday night.

Room Tip: Wait for the end of renovation
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is safe hotel to stay if you are looking at USD 100 as budget. This hotel is undergoing rennovation. They have some rooms that are really very very bad to stay. Receptist will tell you that only two rooms are available and will offer you bad room. But dont agree to it.

Please ask for new rooms on 4th floor facing road or on right side of the lift while coming up.. They are good one to stay. You can take confirmation on the room being allotted in advance.

Break fast is too good and overall an excellent place to stay.

Just go for it. Need not read to many reviews . They will confuse.
Good for business and family stay

and very important is its SAFE !!!

Negativce of this hotel is
- You will hear lot of sound if plan to be in room in day time

Room Tip: New rooms on 4th floor are good to stay
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

In nairobi I was desperate for a hotel and this was the only choice. They took $150. Which is the same price as sarova pan Afric. They had a friendly staff but the owner was quite mean. The rooms were good and the bathroom was clean. Yet the beads were very hard. It is a minutes walk from Kenyatta avenue and at a good location. Al though my room was not dreary. If you walked out of the room, the atrium and the hallway was quite dreary and cold. I would really not suggest this place

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Meridian in June for 2 nights while on business and was very disappointed. It was my 5th time to Nairobi and by far my worst overall experience based mainly on the service.

CONS:

ROOMS:
I checked in and went to my room and the telephone did not work. I required this to work as I was travelling for business and went downstairs to advise reception. They sent someone up to look at it and could not get it to work so I was moved to another room. I unpacked and was about to leave for a meeting and realised the balcony doors did not lock. The telephone worked this time so I called reception and they sent someone up to look at it and he advised me that it "did not matter that the balcony doors did not lock" I was very unhappy and told him I required a room with locking balcony doors and he was very unhelpful in moving me. I was finally moved to a room with locking balcony doors and a telephone but the effort involved from management was an issue and not appropriate from a hotel. The bathroom in my first room was also not clean and had hairs on the floor.

ROOM SERVICE:
I arrived and ordered room service which took a very long time to arrive. The room service attendant advised me upon arrival she took my order to the wrong room and wanted me to pay cash because of an issue with the incorrect room number attached. I told her I needed to charge to my room account as I was travelling for business and again her attitude was not pleasant. The whole experience seemed like a big effort for her.

PROS:

LOCATION:
The hotel was located just a short walk to the centre of town.

I would not recommend this hotel to people travelling to Nairobi for business or leisure due to the lack of service. I have stayed at other hotels in town which offer much better service and better prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for more than a month and we found the hotel to have very good accommodation, service, excellent breakfast and cleanliness. Location is in heart of the city and lot of amenities are within walking distance. There is good size swingpool on top.

It is going through renovation of some rooms and such it is expected that during the day it would be a bit noisy although construction area are well boarded up to minimise noose and dust. Some dust does escape and settle on ground and ledges, although not in rooms But I fould staff constantly cleaning up the dust. Some complaints to that effect may be not avoidable.

• Stayed March 2013
Mozambique Island, Mozambique
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel reception promises a lot to get customers. My room AC did not work, and did not change my room as they said they were full (all lies) and instead put a fan???. Once guest check out, housekeeping waits(they steal instead) and later send a message to reception of having found a towel missing. I happened to be there waiting in lobby and could directly confront them on this embracing accusations. Very dirty rooms and no services and restaurants does not have footfall so they re- circulate food. Only thing in morning, the buffet breakfast was reasonably OK. Uncouth and non professional staff.

Room Tip: Rooms not clean, Linen is Ok, Rooms very noisy due to traffic and staff uncouth and unfriendly.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rock Hall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is undergoing renovation and it seems like they're trying to do a good job.We had a redone room which was nice in size. The swimming pool was fine but needs the whole area around it redone as well. As we had a flight that left late at night they let us extend our checkout for a reasonable fee. We chose to eat at the Carlton Hotel across the street for dinner because the dining room was nicer- perhaps they will be redoing theirs. The location is close enough to walk to the CBD and the local tourist market and scenic mosque. As far as general safety in Nairobi which you hear so much about, we felt fine walking around as 2 super white faces all the time, although I did leave my purse in the hotel safe in our room so it didn't even look like I had anything to take. I think if you're used to third world countries and smart about it you're fine. Also, the streets are totally busy until at least 9 at night anyway. The staff was most friendly and helpful and once it's all redone will be great.

Room Tip: If they are still doing construction and you need to sleep during the day this is not the place for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MeridianHotelKenya, Guest Relations Manager at Meridian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Marylin,

It was a pleasure to host you at our hotel. We are in the process of redoing the restaurant and hope you will dine there next time you come around :).

Been to Meridian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!