“Very bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Meridian Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Meridian Court Hotel to your Saves list
Meridian Court Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Muranga Road | Moi Avenue, Nairobi 30278-00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #51 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
“Very bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

In nairobi I was desperate for a hotel and this was the only choice. They took $150. Which is the same price as sarova pan Afric. They had a friendly staff but the owner was quite mean. The rooms were good and the bathroom was clean. Yet the beads were very hard. It is a minutes walk from Kenyatta avenue and at a good location. Al though my room was not dreary. If you walked out of the room, the atrium and the hallway was quite dreary and cold. I would really not suggest this place

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed at the Meridian in June for 2 nights while on business and was very disappointed. It was my 5th time to Nairobi and by far my worst overall experience based mainly on the service.

CONS:

ROOMS:
I checked in and went to my room and the telephone did not work. I required this to work as I was travelling for business and went downstairs to advise reception. They sent someone up to look at it and could not get it to work so I was moved to another room. I unpacked and was about to leave for a meeting and realised the balcony doors did not lock. The telephone worked this time so I called reception and they sent someone up to look at it and he advised me that it "did not matter that the balcony doors did not lock" I was very unhappy and told him I required a room with locking balcony doors and he was very unhelpful in moving me. I was finally moved to a room with locking balcony doors and a telephone but the effort involved from management was an issue and not appropriate from a hotel. The bathroom in my first room was also not clean and had hairs on the floor.

ROOM SERVICE:
I arrived and ordered room service which took a very long time to arrive. The room service attendant advised me upon arrival she took my order to the wrong room and wanted me to pay cash because of an issue with the incorrect room number attached. I told her I needed to charge to my room account as I was travelling for business and again her attitude was not pleasant. The whole experience seemed like a big effort for her.

PROS:

LOCATION:
The hotel was located just a short walk to the centre of town.

I would not recommend this hotel to people travelling to Nairobi for business or leisure due to the lack of service. I have stayed at other hotels in town which offer much better service and better prices.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for more than a month and we found the hotel to have very good accommodation, service, excellent breakfast and cleanliness. Location is in heart of the city and lot of amenities are within walking distance. There is good size swingpool on top.

It is going through renovation of some rooms and such it is expected that during the day it would be a bit noisy although construction area are well boarded up to minimise noose and dust. Some dust does escape and settle on ground and ledges, although not in rooms But I fould staff constantly cleaning up the dust. Some complaints to that effect may be not avoidable.

• Stayed March 2013
Mozambique Island, Mozambique
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The hotel reception promises a lot to get customers. My room AC did not work, and did not change my room as they said they were full (all lies) and instead put a fan???. Once guest check out, housekeeping waits(they steal instead) and later send a message to reception of having found a towel missing. I happened to be there waiting in lobby and could directly confront them on this embracing accusations. Very dirty rooms and no services and restaurants does not have footfall so they re- circulate food. Only thing in morning, the buffet breakfast was reasonably OK. Uncouth and non professional staff.

Room Tip: Rooms not clean, Linen is Ok, Rooms very noisy due to traffic and staff uncouth and unfriendly.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Rock Hall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel is undergoing renovation and it seems like they're trying to do a good job.We had a redone room which was nice in size. The swimming pool was fine but needs the whole area around it redone as well. As we had a flight that left late at night they let us extend our checkout for a reasonable fee. We chose to eat at the Carlton Hotel across the street for dinner because the dining room was nicer- perhaps they will be redoing theirs. The location is close enough to walk to the CBD and the local tourist market and scenic mosque. As far as general safety in Nairobi which you hear so much about, we felt fine walking around as 2 super white faces all the time, although I did leave my purse in the hotel safe in our room so it didn't even look like I had anything to take. I think if you're used to third world countries and smart about it you're fine. Also, the streets are totally busy until at least 9 at night anyway. The staff was most friendly and helpful and once it's all redone will be great.

Room Tip: If they are still doing construction and you need to sleep during the day this is not the place for...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MeridianHotelKenya, Guest Relations Manager at Meridian Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Marylin,

It was a pleasure to host you at our hotel. We are in the process of redoing the restaurant and hope you will dine there next time you come around :).
Kerang
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in September as part of a touring group and we found that it was very much in need of an upgrade. We had a lounge room a separate bedroom, a bathroom and a toilet wash basin room so it was quite spacious.The rooms were neat and tidy and the bed was clean and comfortable. The television was ordinary and the door onto the balcony could not be locked. The breakfast was plentiful and adequate and the evening meals were quite good. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is close to the business district and shopping and banks were nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

If you are looking at safe and decent hotel in CBD area then this best one. Affordable (less than 100 USD), clean, and break fast is good. Ideal for business traveller as all banks are very close to this hotel and at walking distance.
Rooms are non AC but at Nairobi weather is so good that one will not feel like going for AC.

It's even good for families to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
MeridianHotelKenya, Guest Relations Manager at Meridian Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Vikaspanditrao,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Warm Regards,

Guest Relations

Been to Meridian Court Hotel? Share your experiences!