“Great potential” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 126 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel has the ability to become a great place for visitors but very little is being done to market it or appeal to customers. everything was average from the service to the food. Its location is great because its a few minutes from the airport but other than that there is nothing worth talking about.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Connecticut/Quito
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our airline put us in this hotel when our flight was rescheduled for a day later. My experience could not have been better. The room was typical of a U.S. chain high rise hotel: large, spacious room, big bathroom with amenities including hair dryer, free bottled water, stocked mini-bar,and all the services needed. There is a large restaurant serving buffet-style classic Indian, Western, and European food while the mini-mall the hotel is in also has a Middle Eastern restaurant (we had drinks and snacks there after our extra day of touring) and food court which wasn't open when we were there, and an ice skating rink. It was close enough to the airport for the airline to send us there and shuttle a plane load of people back and forth, but was not right next to it. We spent our extra day in Nairobi seeing missed sights, but arranged our own van, since there were several of us. It seemed close enough and we were back in time to visit the mall restaurant and get the shuttle for our evening flight. All personnel I met were very helpful, pleasant and courteous. I liked everything about this hotel and would recommend it, but as perviously stated it looks, feels, and is like this type of hotel found anywhere in the world. Nothing new or distinctive of Kenya or Africa. The airline paid for our stay, so I can not comment of value for cost.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear SoAmertransplant,

We are glad to have been granted the opportunity to serve you and we are very grateful for your feedback about our property and services.

It is always a pleasure to hear from a happy customer and we appreciate all the compliments sent our way. Your comments on our rooms are very uplifting making us confident that our guests are comfortable

I will convey your gratitude to all members of staff who ensured your stay was enjoyable.

Thank you very much for your remarkable review and we trust that The Panari Hotel will be your first choice on your next visit.

Kind Regards
Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I didnt find anything fancy to write about this place. Just what a hotel should be - clean, spacious and a nice scenic view. The waiters though looked overworked.

The orange juice I was given tasted like it came from anything but an orange. It had a disgusting artificial taste!

There is an ice skating ring on the second floor. Head up there for some fun with family and friends

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking Nairobi national Park provide a scenic view. Also, a busy highway comes betwee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Arthur,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Panari Hotel and for providing such candid and valuable feedback that we can use to improve on our services.

We take all customer concerns seriously and have addressed the juice supply to ensure we provide a better product at all times. We are also looking into the matter of the overworked service team, though not a norm, we aim to respond promptly when required.

Thanks again for the gracious remarks on the rooms and the wonderful park views. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here for one night in July on business. The hotel was the only hotel available to book, and being a long way from both the airport and downtown Nairobi, I felt the location was not convenient for anything.

For the money I paid, the hotel did not live up to my expectations. My room was comfortable, quiet and clean, however the décor and general atmosphere was just not up to the standard and taste of what I would expect from such an expensive hotel.

I felt that the main lobby floor was somehow lost and slightly empty, the staff just didn’t hit the mark for customer service. I just felt there was something missing here.

The restaurant was simply acceptable but not amazing.The hotel served it's purpose for me, however I would personally not try to stay here again in future, as I feel there are better hotels in the city for far better value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night before and again after our safari. The rooms are large, although I have to say that the beds were a little hard for our taste, but the over-all standard of the 2 rooms we stayed in (9th and 10th floors) were good. The mini-bar was not stocked, which we found a little strange.

The breakfasts were lovely and a good food choice, including made to order omelettes, and the view from the restaurant was quite nice. We also had room service one evening and what we ordered (spaghetti carbonara and a pizza) were freshly cooked and tasty.

The only dissatisfaction we both had was the fact that the location is amongst industrial buildings and thus the views from the windows were certainly nothing to brag about.

The business centre was well-run and a pleasure to use.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear IdahoSwede,

We were delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor.

The Mattresses offered in the hotel are designed for firm support, but we do provide mattress covers, on request, for guests who may find them too hard. I regret that this was not brought to your attention.

We are glad that you found the overall standard of the two rooms to your satisfaction, and have noted your comments on the mini bar, which has been addressed with the concerned department. Please accept my sincere apology for this lapse.

Thank you for your positive feedback and comments on the breakfast offer and for a nice view, the hotel boasts very captivating views of the Nairobi National Park.

I will pass on your sentiments with regard to the food and business center services to the respective team members.

We are always happy to receive feedback that enables us to improve on the service to our esteemed customers. We look forward to hosting you when next in Nairobi.

Kind Regards

Abuja
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Arrived from Mombassa had to stay at the hotel to connect my return flight to Lagos. I had a very good time and also enjoyed the club at the basement of the hotel. Very clean rooms and excellent service from the staff most especially the front desk guys. They made our stay a less stressful one for us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear okybay

We are delighted to receive your feedback and grateful that you took time to share your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your positive remarks on the clean rooms and excellent service especially from the Front Desk team. I will share this with the management and ensure that your compliments reach the respective staff. I am delighted that you also found time to unwind in The Shooters & Dips club while you were here with us. I am sure they gave you a great account of the Nairobi night life while in the secure vicinity of the hotel.

We pride ourselves in making sure that all our guests have a memorable stay and make The Panari Hotel their ideal choice and home away from home while in Nairobi.

We look forward to receiving you again on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Operations Manager - The Panari Hotel
Lagos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Arrived fro Jomo Kenyatta International airport and had to stay at the Panari Hotel as arranged by Kenya Airways. I wasn't expecting much of a hotel as it was just a transit arrangement and I was used to the 2nd rate hotels most other airlines use for this purpose. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Quite large with abundance of space the hotel was very neat, clean, had wonderful view of the National park. The rooms also were very big, spacious and lavishly furnished. The bathroom was big, the twin beds in my room were big, comfortable and the wide array of delicacies in the restaurant were something else - great. Some of the infrastructure however are getting tired and you need extra muscles to press the elevator buttons and the toilet buttons too. watch out for mosquitoes which abound and remind the staff to spray your room with insecticide before you sleep. The front desk also are not too efficient as I had to request twice for internet settings to be given me and till I left no one came. A big minus is the wifi which you have to pay 6 US dollars an hour for! Overall value - fairly good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Panari Hotel? Share your experiences!