“Great environment” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Abuja
“Great environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Arrived from Mombassa had to stay at the hotel to connect my return flight to Lagos. I had a very good time and also enjoyed the club at the basement of the hotel. Very clean rooms and excellent service from the staff most especially the front desk guys. They made our stay a less stressful one for us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
JamesMwangi, Manager at The Panari Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear okybay

We are delighted to receive your feedback and grateful that you took time to share your experience with other travelers on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for your positive remarks on the clean rooms and excellent service especially from the Front Desk team. I will share this with the management and ensure that your compliments reach the respective staff. I am delighted that you also found time to unwind in The Shooters & Dips club while you were here with us. I am sure they gave you a great account of the Nairobi night life while in the secure vicinity of the hotel.

We pride ourselves in making sure that all our guests have a memorable stay and make The Panari Hotel their ideal choice and home away from home while in Nairobi.

We look forward to receiving you again on your next visit.

Kind regards,

James Mwangi
Operations Manager - The Panari Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lagos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Arrived fro Jomo Kenyatta International airport and had to stay at the Panari Hotel as arranged by Kenya Airways. I wasn't expecting much of a hotel as it was just a transit arrangement and I was used to the 2nd rate hotels most other airlines use for this purpose. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Quite large with abundance of space the hotel was very neat, clean, had wonderful view of the National park. The rooms also were very big, spacious and lavishly furnished. The bathroom was big, the twin beds in my room were big, comfortable and the wide array of delicacies in the restaurant were something else - great. Some of the infrastructure however are getting tired and you need extra muscles to press the elevator buttons and the toilet buttons too. watch out for mosquitoes which abound and remind the staff to spray your room with insecticide before you sleep. The front desk also are not too efficient as I had to request twice for internet settings to be given me and till I left no one came. A big minus is the wifi which you have to pay 6 US dollars an hour for! Overall value - fairly good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is not a 5-star, and probably note even a 4 star. But in terms of hotel for an overnight stay, it does the job and does it beautifully. I was there 2 yrs ago and I had told them that if they don't clean up their act, that hotel will be out of business soon; though I doubt it would be true, since they're the only game in town within a 6-mile radius. If you've ever experienced traffic in Nairobi, you'd sleep in any flea bag just to avoid missing your flight. But to my surprise, this time the team there was so customer-oriented that I could have pinched myself to know if this was the same hotel of 2 yrs ago. Case in point: around 7pm, I ordered an appetizer (samosas) and a main course. As I said that I was very hungry, they offered to bring me the appetizer first, which they did about 8 minutes later. After I ate the 4 (huge) samosas, I felt full. So, I called the kitchen and told them to hold the main course, and I'd call them when I felt I could eat it. Around 10 pm, I called them, they then brought the main course and everything I asked for (ice, ice pick, water, tabasco, etc.). I needed an adapter for my laptop. Called for it and got it in less than 5 min. Shower cap, same thing. I just couldn't believe this was the same hotel.
Breakfast is included in the room rate, and is plenty. I was leaving at 6h00 AM, and the restaurant was already open and staffed. Got a nice omelette, with all the trimmings, which got me starting my day on a good footing. Transport to the airport took less than 10 minutes. Had I stayed in town, I would have been looking at 1 hour at the very least.
For an overnight stay or even if you've been in Nairobi for several days, it makes all the sense in the world to spend your last night there: takes the stress out of the return flight.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

My flight from Madagascar was delayed then i missed my connecting flight to Djibouti,Kenya Airways took in charge of my stopover in Nairobi.
They put me at Panari Hotel,as it is my second time in Nairobi i found perfet the location of Panari that makes you avoiding horrible traffic.
Staff are welcoming,food are good,room is clean and nice bath room,unfortunately the fan in the bath room is terrible,that is very annoying,and you need more than 4mn for elevator.
Anyway i recommend the Panari for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012
Helmsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We, ten of us, were sent here by Kenyan airways when our flight was cancelled. The staff were excellent and efficient at organising or reception and rooms, and gave us lunch, even though it was after hours. The rooms were excellent and comfortable, although the layout was quirky with shops (mostly vacant on the ground and first floors).

It was disappointing that there was a pool, as we had no luggage - and thereby lies another small, but irritating fault. Given that this is an hotel used by airlines when flights are cancelled, i was very surprised that the desk could not give me or sell me a disposable razor. They volunteered to send someone out in a car to get a razor but who knows how much that would have cost! A colleague had already come over and brought us toothbrushes and paste, so I didn't ask for that, but wonder?

But we were fed well, including breakfast at 5.15 a.m. (often not possible in hotels!) and our enforced stopover was pretty comforatable

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed there for 10 night and the breakfast and dinner was bad for me. If you stay there, you have limited options for dinning since most of the resturants are located in the city and the traffic jam to the city is horrible. I had to change to Oli-Sereni hotel just accros the street and found the food to be ok. Though in both hotels the service is not the level of what you pay; $300 per night very very expensive. The only advantage you have is it is near to the airport and you can avoid the traffic jam if you don't want to go to the city.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park so that you can be able to see the animals
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Located near the airport (which is the only plus that I can think of), The Panari comes across as a below average hotel for the rates you pay. The interiors are tacky and gaudy and the room service is poor. The staff is friendly (but then aren't they supposed to be so??) and make up for the overall inefficiency of the way things are run - right from the check in to the check out process. The security is good - which is a big positive as far as Nairobi is concerned.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Panari Hotel? Share your experiences!