This was our introduction to Kenya and we felt so welcome and indeed very safe! Our room was extremely comfortable, if a bit of a walk from reception. We had a pleasant drink and meal in a restaurant next door. I have no idea how central the hotel is as Nairobi traffic is a nightmare! It did take over an hour to get to Wilson airport which probably isn't far away! But the hotel had a lovely atmosphere, a feeling you were out of town. I would much prefer to be here than in the centre of Nairobi. Thanks to our tour company, Africa Born, for finding this lovely location for our first night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi and about half a mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages Hotel Karen
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden And Cottages