Happened upon the Karen Blixen coffee garden. The food is excellent, service great, and lovely atmosphere. We ended up eating here 3 times during our stay in Nairobi, and were never disappointed. I ordered the hamburger, which is possibly the best hamburger I've ever had. The cappuccino's were great as well.
While the prices are a little high, it's worth the expense to find such great food in a peaceful setting. Highly recommend a stop for a meal. Would like to stay there next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cottages are located in Karen, a beautiful, peaceful suburb approximately 20 miles from downtown Nairobi and about half a mile from the famous Karen Blixen Museum. The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages Hotel Karen
- Karen Blixen Coffee Garden And Cottages