“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We ordered Bulgogi, some pork and pancakes. Food was very good and price wasn't bad compared to the chinese restaurant we went the day before.
I also saw a Korean chef cooking in the kitchen which is not a surprise at all. the food is truly local I think.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reston, Virginia
“Finally found a Korean restaurant in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I phoned to see if the restaurant was still in business and to my delight a Korean woman answered in Korean so I knew this place was going to be great. I took four of my friends for lunch and we had the Bibimbap, Bulgogi, Stir fried pork, and Soybean soup. Everything was delicious. In true Korean style they bring out kimchi and other side dishes and pumpkin soup. We ate tup the kimchi and they brought us more!! I will definitely go back and try everything else on the menu. They even have a special Kimbap Saturday that I will have to definitely go back for! Kamsamhamnida Dae Jang Geum for a great lunch!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“A Friendly Restaurant with Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was delighted to find this restaurant as it is only five minutes from my apartment.The food,and service were excellent. I really enjoyed the sizzling pork,as well as all the side dishes. I'll be returning soon.

Visited January 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
“Best Korean restaurant in Nairobi!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We've been to Dae Jang Geum a number of times and never been disappointed
The first time we went there, we tried their recommended Je-yuk (spicy, fried pork) and Bibimbap (rice in a pot, colorfully topped with vegetables and an egg) which were FANTASTIC
It's worth a try if you are new to Korean cuisine
My favorite dish here is Bulgogi ... The meat is always tender and delicious and it goes perfectly with the sauce. I enjoy eating it with Kimchi which is sometimes too spicy but manageable...
Overall I would say it's one of the best places to go if you are craving for some Asian food. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited December 2013