“Really nice boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palacina Residence & Suites

You added Palacina Residence & Suites to your Saves list
Palacina Residence & Suites
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kitale Lane, off Dennis Pritt Road | State House Area, P.O Box 48728, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 124 Hotels in Nairobi
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for one night on business and wished I had stayed longer. It's really lovely - great atmosphere, lovely decor, clearly someone has spent a lot of time getting it just right. Nice breakfast. Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear SilverMarvel,
This is a quick note to thank you very much for taking time to post your review.
My team and I work towards ensuring our guests have the best possible accommodation experience in Nairobi.
When I showed them your post the smiles said it all...
Thank you very much.
Tony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I am now in my 4th week of staying in Palacina. The staff is friendly, and knows my name. The setting is super peaceful, with nice seating in the garden, on the deck, and around the hotel.

The food is excellent both, and there is a lovely breakfast buffet every day.

I started out in the single long term residence, this was a bit small, I was able to give up my kitchen and move to the suites. These are amazingly nice, and if you don't NEED a kitchen, I would recommend them much higher. The suite is huge, their is a wonderful deck over looking the grounds, and the bathroom/closet both beat mine at home.

I think this place would be perfect for a romantic weekend, for a short stay, or for business. If your looking to be in the heart of it all, this may not be the place for you, but if you are looking for a good launching pad in a safe, beautiful hotel... you probably can't do better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Mike,
Its Labor Day in Nairobi and my team and I are very happy to read your very detailed and balanced review.
Thank you very much and hopefully on your return we will have Hookah service for your relaxation.
Best wishes and Happy labor day!

Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wonderful place to stay in Kenya. Very quite during the evening, clean, spacious and great service. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were brilliant and the opportunity to sit outside on the balcony was lovely. There was construction going on which did mean that I didn't get a sleep in and keeping the curtains open on the side was not possible because workers could see straight into my room. Compared to my other Nairobi accommodation the Palacina was definitely the better place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear SaminMilan,

Thank you very much for choosing Palacina and for your generous review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that Palacina is your preferred choice in Nairobi.
I also thank you for your very kind understanding as we create a slightly larger and much better Palacina and i assure you the most relaxing stay in Nairobi as soon as we are done.

Best wishes
Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina Nairobi
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

We only stayed a few hours as we needed a room I between stopover flights, however even with such a short amount of time and having arrived in the early hours of the morning, the staff were extremely friendly, helpful and most welcoming! The room was wonderfully prepared for our arrival and the manager that welcomed us upon arrival made sure we were comfortable and made to feel at home. I'll definitely stay there again when passing through Nairobi, hopefully for longer than a day next time. Well worth a visit and a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We ended up visiting the Palacina three times in two weeks in-between arrival in Kenya and a safari and then a beach based holiday. The staff were so friendly and polite, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms (and we experienced three of them) were very comfortable. I do like a complimentary coffee and tea and the homemade complimentary hazelnut and chocolate cookies were just delicious. We ate four meals in the restaurant and they were all very tasty and well presented. The garden was very relaxing to sit in during the day and seeing two of the three resident tortoises appear from the foliage was an unexpected treat. I would recommend the Palacina especially if you are flying from Wilson airport to the Masai Mara as it is the right side of town. Traffic in Nairobi at rush hour made London look good! Special thanks to Bildad on reception for making our arrivals at peculiar hours so welcoming.

Room Tip: Penthouse at the top was so spacious, great for a family of four.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane,
Greetings from a sunny Palacina morning and thank you for these lovely comments.
It was indeed a pleasure to host you on 03 separate occasions and we look forward to seeing you again... (anniversary trip hint..)
Thank you also; for your comment regarding Bildad I will definitely offer him a thank you incentive.
Best regards from Palacina,
Tony Sawe | GM | Palacina
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

It was a pleasure to have the spacious, clean, and beautiful accommodations at the Palacina for a 5-day business/leisure trip to Nairobi. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and breakfasts were exactly right - a nice selection of fruit, cereals, breads and pastries, very fresh eggs and french toast, if you wanted. The management was especially kind in letting us leave our luggage over the three days we visited the Masai Mara, and even gave us a room to freshen up in when we returned on Sunday, just before our flight back to London. I would highly recommend the Palacina. And don't miss the Kuona art center around the corner - this is actually an artist colony, where you can actually meet and chat with the artists in their studios.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Robin,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for your very generous & detailed review of Palacina.
I also enjoy The Kuona Trust very much and i am very pleased that you had an opportunity to enjoy it as well.
Best wishes from Nairobi,

Tony Sawe | GM
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Palacina Suites were being renovated during my stay. The hotel was upfront about this when I booked, and gave me a 20% discount because of the minor work being done. Considering that many hotels do not warn guests about noise and dust if work is being carried out in advance of their arrival, this was a good sign.

Everything from that point went smoothly. The staff are the friendliest I have ever come across, the rooms are spacious and well designed, the food was good...

I will be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM-Palacina, General Manager at Palacina Residence & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Greetings from a sunny Palacina day.
I passed your comments around at our weekly staff gathering and the smiles said it all!
... we are delighted that our small efforts are appreciated.
Thank you very much and we look forward to your soonest return.

Tony Sawe | G.M.

Been to Palacina Residence & Suites? Share your experiences!