We stayed here on a short stopover in Nairobi on our way home from Madagascar and Nairobi is something of a culture shock after 3+ weeks with the somewhat spiritual Malagasies. Kenyans are rather boisterous with a lively sense of humour it seems! It was all rather a bit of a fuss for a short stopover but Nairobi airport is hot noisy sticky and unpleasant so it was probably better than staying there for 8 hours. The hotel is very quiet and smart and the room was actually a suite, with sitting room, balcony sitting room, spa bath and all the trimmings. The furnishings were beautiful and we'd have liked to have more time to enjoy the room's facilities. We ate in the Moonflower restaurant which was al fresco and a bit chilly and with intrusive noise from the bar at first - until the live band of elderly Kenyans started up. They were very good too. So was the food - plenty of vegetarian choice and well cooked - shame we weren't eating much in advance of a long flight.
I would certainly like to stay here again if I'm ever in the area but doubt that will happen as Nairobi isn't really our thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For weary travelers who have seen many a hotel room, Palacina is a breath of fresh air. Offering all the luxuries of a five star hotel, with special personalized service, a relaxed atmosphere and great attention to detail. As a family owned and run hotel the core emphasis is on making guests feel at home during their stay in Nairobi in an atmosphere of understated elegance and warm hospitality...Welcome to Nairobi's most relaxing address! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Palacina Residence & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palacina Residence Hotel Nairobi
- Palacina Residence And Suites