“Total false advertising. Awful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi Airport Hotel

You added Nairobi Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Nairobi Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Syokimau Airport Road | Syokimau, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #121 of 177 Nairobi B&B and Inns
“Total false advertising. Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Over 20 minutes from the airport, incredibly difficult to to find. Thank god we had our very capable driver who was able to phone up and get rough directions. We needed to do this several times, as it is not signed at all, anywhere.

We arrived in a cramped housing complex, a dark deserted place with hundreds of tower block style buildings packed together. At the bottom was a room saying reception.

The 'receptionist' was unwelcoming, and grumpy once I had gently remarked on having no response to my 3 previous emails asking whether the rooms were even confirmed, and airport shuttle service.

Our room was top floor. A kitchen with no utensils. A sink and shower with no hot water, although like everything else, it was advertised. My bed had no pillows, as the receptionist had forgotten, and after a reminder still never came with any. My friend described those in his room as sacks of gravel.

The wifi was tedious, and extremely slow. There are supposed to be a selection of TV channels. None worked. On walking 6 floors in the rain to the bottom floor to ask, The receptionist laughed, and Said "oh yes, we haven't paid".

Breakfast was 20 minutes late, so we had around 5 minutes to eat it before having to leave for our flight.

This place charged $80 per night. For services worth far below $20.

There are many other hotels closer to the airport and possible to find (if you don't have a Swahili speaking driver), and simply have the facilities that are advertised.

Just don't stay.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Didn't honor reservation details, virtually all amenities malfunctioning. Staff was in a haze. For the price(100usd) it was a disappointment, half the price we paid and it would have been a decent deal.

Pretty close to the airport, but nothing else.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff were helpful and nice. They were cooperative about the shuttle services. The neighborhood is residential and quiet. Good for a short term stay if you are catching any early flights or have a late arriving flight. The services could be better, they forgot to give breakfast for one of us, and even though we told them what we wanted, they forgot in the morning. The wifi is terrible on the 4th floor, and the hike without elevator, especially with luggage is tiring.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

My husband and I stayed here during a long transit through Nairobi. The hotel is in a brand new housing community - very safe, guarded. It is near the airport (only about 4km away). Not really any restaurants around, but there is a small mini mart if you need anything. The staff are very helpful and welcoming. They serve meals, you can order there and it will be ready within the hour. The inclusive breakfast is hearty and they will prepare for you whatever time you need (we left super early, and they got up and made our breakfast at 5am for us - fresh. That is service!) The room was clean, spacious, new, and comfortable. Fan & mosquito net & mosquito plug-in diffuser all were there too - if we wanted. Great value for a good space. Airport transfer was free, and drivers courteous.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2015

first of all the pics you find on the internet about this place are completely misleading. i dont know where to start...

no water in the showers,
no placces to eat nearby
if you can call it food, it was terrible at the hotel and the choice is poor ( breakfast was worse than in the place..)
internet was not working
no one was there to pick us up at the airport
location is terrible
service is poor although friendly i must say
overpriced

would never go there again...

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

I can't review the hotel itself because I didn't stay there. But I had a bad experience trying to stay there. I reserved a room online and arrange for one of the free shuttles to pick me up. All well and good and the staff were very friendly and polite emailing me about this. But when I got to Nairobi at about 10.30pm, exhausted after a 16 hour journey, there was no one there to meet me. I wa slate getting through baggage reclaim because my bag had not arrived and so I had to fill in the forms etc. But they didn't wait and when I tried calling them (three times) to ask them to pick me up the line was engaged. By now is was after 11pm so I asked the airport staff to put me in a cab to another hotel. Which I did and had a fine stay. I assumed I wouldn't need to pay for my room since no one had come to meet me, but they charged me anyway and have refused to give me a refund. Not very happy about being strangded at the airport at 11pm and then having to pay anyway.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

We stayed here 1 night while waiting for out safari transport pick up in the morning. We had a large room with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a common area that included a tv. They offer free wifi and a complimentary breakfast brought to your room! The hotel is located outside the main part of the city so you skip a lot of the awful traffic in the city itself if you are going out of nairobi for your trip. The hotel also offers a free pickup from the airport! Rates are extremely reasonable too! The rooms were clean and the showers had hot water. The road there is a dirt road once you turn off the main highway. The complex is gated and guarded so it was very safe! Great deal and nice place for a late night arrival! Service was great and very personable!

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Nairobi Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!