“Great place for 1 night near Nairobi Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nairobi Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added Nairobi Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Nairobi Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Syokimau Airport Road | Syokimau, Nairobi 00100, Kenya   |
Ranked #105 of 154 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
“Great place for 1 night near Nairobi Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've read all the reviews and agree it's not a place to stay longer than 1 night. But it's a great place to spend the night before an early flight.

We got dropped off by a bus company at the wrong hotel and it was getting late. We called Nairobi Airport Hotel and they picked us up for free, 10 km from the airport! The driver and staff were really friendly. We got a huge apartment, two bathrooms and very clean. They brought us breakfast very early in the morning. Then we got free transport to the airport again. They dropped us off at the right part of the airport and were again so friendly.

We hope you'll get the same experience as we had!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

17 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Kongsvinger, Norway, Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This is not a hotel. It is a bunch of unfinished apartments with no furnitures. We ordered dinner, and it took them approx. 5 hours to make som spaghettig. This is not accepted at any cost. Expedia should unlist this as a hotel, and put its as a low budget bed and breakfast or something. Even the taxi had problems finding the hotel and asked multiple times about directions.. As it was my first time in Kenya I got scared, because the bumpy road and the poor people living in the street was on the way to tjis 'hotel' thing. I am glad it only was for 1 night. Consider this a warning, do not book this 'hotel'!

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Was staying at this hotel for one night before going on a safari. The people at the hotel told me they were going to pick me and my friends up at the airport but they didnt show. We took a taxi and that was fine,but it was hard to locate the hotel. When we got there the people working there was friendly and nice,they even gave us a room that we could relax in untill our room was ready. When we ordered dinner,they told us that it took around two hours because the chef was not there,but we ended up waiting over 4 hours for a plate of pasta. There was no restaurants near by so we had to wait for the food there.

Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Me and two of my friends had booked the hotel as we were only staying one day and wanted to be close to the airport.

We had an agreement with them by email that they were gonna pick us up at the airport- they said they would be right outside with a sign with our names, but when we came there- there were no one there to pick us up (our flight was one hour late, but we expected them to check that as we could not contact them while in the air). We ended up taking a taxi and the taxi driver had to stop several times before he found the place. The roads were bumpy, dirty and it was in a questionable area.

The "hotel" was just an appartment building with NO signs what so ever. Not by the gate, not on the way and not even on the building or the reception area.

The girls who greated us when we came was very friendly and let us stay in another room until outs were finished (as we came before check in).

The bathrooms were not very clean and we couldnt get the warm water to work.

The beds were comfortable.

We asked if we could order food- lunch, dinner and breakfast and they said yes.
The lunch was served weirdly, as we had to build our own toast (got it all in parts- cheese not melted) and an open, kind of dirty jar of jam.

When we ordered dinner, they first said 2 hours, after 4 (!!!) hours we went down and asked and were told 20 minutes- it took another hour. We got no appology for this.

I do not recommend this "hotel"

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Khartoum, Sudan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were only staying in Nairobi for a night and had an early morning flight, so we wanted to stay somewhere close to the airport. Although the "hotel" is near the airport, it is almost impossible to find on your own. This meant our taxi spent a long time asking for directions and finally had to call staff from the establishment. Basically, someone has rented or purchased a bunch of unfinished, sparsely furnished apartments in a gated community and is calling it a hotel. Our room, although spacious, had two bedrooms, one of which only had a bed frame. The hot water heater was also difficult to use, especially since we kept losing power. When the internet stopped working, we were given a usb stick, which worked for a while. The kitchen was pretty scary too. We were lucky we had some food with us because there is no restaurant or place you can purchase food unless you leave the compound, which is difficult without a car.

I think the most disappointing part was that the hotel staff tried to charge us the $15 Expedia or other online hotel booking websites charge them. I was really put out, since we hadn't been told there was an extra fee. I only had $10 and refused to pay any more cash. I will say that breakfast was good and mostly on time. They advise you to get to the airport two hours in advance, which is not enough time. Be sure to get the staff to confirm when you need to get to the airport. We were forced to share a car, which wasn't so bad, but we had to wait until the other guest was ready and he had booked a later shuttle. We really had to scramble to catch our flight. Overall, this hotel is too far away from landmarks, restaurants or any other amenities for us to recommend it. Unless you are content to spend your day/night stuck in a hotel room, and have your own lunch and dinner, it's not a great deal for the cash. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place is a joke. While the people seemed quite nice, they sent my driver and I on a goose chase at 11PM in NAIROBI after I arrived from a long day of flying. I had tried to use their website to book a room and it did not show availability so I emailed them and they confirmed (without taking any money, thank goodness!). When I arrived, the driver and I were looking around forever as it was NOT AN ACTUAL HOTEL but apartments in a gated community, buried and not all that familiar to the guards at the gate. We finally found it and they said they had been expecting me at 6 (I had sent my flight info that shows me arriving at 9) and had given my room away. They told my driver in Swahili to take me to another one of their properties, over an hour away. Needless to say we did not bother.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I've read the reviews below, and true, using 'Hotel' to describe this accomodation is stretching the term a bit as it is a set of apartments in a gated compound down a dark bumpy road. That said, the two staff I met, the driver and the receptionist were lovely and my pickup from the airport was waiting for me when I arrived. I was staying overnight in Nairobi in transit to Rwanda and location was great. Bed was comfortable, got breakfast in bed and dropped off to airport with plenty of time - due to its location close to the airport there was no chance getting snarled up in Nairobi's traffic. Wifi was good, big TV, shower was fine. As a cheap and convenient place to get your head down while your waiting to transit flights its perfect. Not a place to stay for more than an airport overnighter.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Nairobi Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!