“Le Palanka” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 321 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A unique fine African cuisine restaurant in Nairobi.Offering a fusion of exotic flavors from across Africa.
“Le Palanka”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not quite what i expected of West African food. Too modernised and lack of true african flavours. Too basic

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The ambiance was really good, both indoors and outside as the sunday afternoon sun was regulated by the trees around. The food was really great too, I especially liked the beef rougail (I think from West Africa or Madagascar. I hope I got the name right). A bit disappointing that the chicken wings were not available at the time. An otherwise great experience

“Awesome. A must try.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

Awesome restaurant...I loved the different themes incorporated..and especially loved the food and service. The overall atmosphere was very relaxing, it made me enjoy my stay in kenya even more.

Nairobi, Kenya
“One of a kind, an amazing experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had a wonderful time with my friends. From the hostess to the look of the place. The night lights really brought it out, the private rooms all combined to give it a good feel for me and my friends. We had some exotic food, good tasting coz i had been told what i would like by people who had visited the establishment before and the food did not disappoint. I visited the place again during a function that was organised there, again i emphasize the lighting oh my amazing. My two cents, visit and see for yourself. Do not forget the beauties that welcome you.

• Visited October 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“A chance for Nairobians to experience real West African food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Le Palanka is owned by a Senagalese(we were informed) who has given his Kenyan chef the chance to develop a range of West Afican dishes with authenticity. The subtitle blend of chicken, fish and spices is impressive and most enjoyable. There is also Kenyan fare.
We were a party of four and chose a variety of dishes from the menu. These gave us a chance to taste what each other had chosen and left us with the opinion that a return visit will be necessary!
The restaurant is set back from the main road and has plenty of parking space. The ambience is modern and there are rooms for private parties.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere