“still coming up” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #213 of 318 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Dessert
“still coming up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Have u tried their milkshakes? Too thick to pass through the straw they provide you should go with your own java straw sort of...otherwise good cakes though their prices make u feel like cakes can only be had at special occassions :)

• Visited May 2014

36% Recommend
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

At first glance, presentation is really nice. The way the main shop and other branches are decorated from the seating area to the cake stands is just adorable. Slices are well cut but quite small compared to other places in Nairobi.

Staff is friendly but a bit ignorant to customer complaints and suggestions.

I bought slices well over KES 2,000 from sarit centre branch only to get home to find out that the pieces are stale. So I returned them same day asking to see the manager and he personally packed for me replacement slices promising freshness.

Now second time I went to the sarit centre branch and brought home six stale pieces and returned them almost immediately demanding my money back. The manager is actually the one who served me. Twice in a row...I decided I would only buy from the main branch.

Shock on me...today I went to the main branch and when I got home after halfway through my black forest, I found a worm wiggling its way around the inner half of the decorative strawberry!

Needless to say, much better cakes and service elsewhere in Nairobi.

Check Kaldis-Nairobi CBD, Java, Art Caffe or Valentine Cake House....far much better cakes and service as well in Nairobi local coffee shops.

• Visited April 2014
Nairobi
“Not sure”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

we heard great things about cake city, so when we found ourselves in sarit centre, we decided to try it out. the cake slices are small, they have many flavors available. cannot remember what flavors we choose but the cakes were okay, nothing exceptional about them. Tried the Thika Rd mall branch and my cake was dry, very disappointed. I give them A+ for effort, having a wide variety and all but that is as far as i go.

My sister sampled a birthday cake from cake city and she loved it. so maybe the ready made cakes and the order cakes are different. when it comes to cakes, home made beats bakery cakes especially in Nairobi.

Visited October 2013
“overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

nothing special about the cakes, not tasty or sweet, mediocre. the black forest cake, don't even try it!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
nairobi
“O Dear”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I am completely bamboozled by the positive feedback? I went there twice, tried their cakes.. I found their presentation extremely impressive, could not wait to sample the large variety of numerous deserts they have to offer, only to find the cakes almost tasteless.

The actual cake is extremely light and fluffy, which is not how a good cake should be, but more solid yet moist. I gave them another go, but was hugely disappointed.
My brother passed by to communicate my disappoint as he purchased a cake, only to find the manager not bothered as "nobody else is complaining".

It seems the majority of Kenyans have not compared them to cakes from Art Cafe and Java, if they did, i doubt they would ever return....

• Visited December 2012