I'm a bit torn between the three and the four stars for this place. It is a neat hotel and the rooms are huge. Perhaps it is a matter of personal taste: though everything is kept up well, it is a bit oldfashioned to my taste, I could do with a bit less formality and thick carpet! Though the rooms are nice and light, the hallways can be very dark and low. The pool could use some really good cleaning (rather greenish here and there).
As mentioned previously: the ethernet works ok, but WiFi in the rooms is really a must these days (especially if your rooms are this big).
Staff at the front desk is extremely helpful and really do everything they can. We did however also spend a few days here having meetings and workshops and the other hotel staff can be sweet, but slightly clueless at times. The big conference hall on the second floor is lovely - the one on the 3rd floor is ok, but very dark en windowless. I found the food quite ok.
What made me finally decide on the 3 stars is the price. Due to our meetings at the hotel they gave us a big discount, but their normal price seems a bit over-the-top.
So, it is up to you: if you don't mind paying a bit extra for some old-fashioned luxury, you may enjoy this place a lot. If you like things a bit more relaxed and modern, I guess somewhere else is a better bet.
- Also Known As:
- Nairobi Safari Club Hotel Nairobi
- Nairobi Safari Club Hotel
- Nairobi Safari Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel was established in 1984 as an exclusive Members Only Club. In 2001 it was repositioned to a fully fledged five star hotel opening its doors to the public. This year we celebrate 24 years of continuous excellent service. From the very beginning, our main goal has been to provide the best possible service to our guests, almost to the point of obsession and we are striving to constantly improve the quality of our services in order to have satisfied customers that would come back again and again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Nairobi Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.