“Worthwhile Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Langata Rd | Mageso Chember, Nairobi 00200, Kenya
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Each boma (homestead) in this cultural village was built using traditional specifications of myriad Kenyan tribes; through architecture, crafts, music and dance this village serves to preserve Kenyan culture.
Nairobi, Kenya
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worthwhile Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have driven past the Bomas of Kenya many times, but this week-end my family and I finally paid a visit. Make sure you time your visit to see the traditional dance and song performance which was very impressive. Equally impressive was the main auditorium which was an architectural marvel made from wood. We didn’t see all the villages since my son was anxious to return to the playground, but our short walk was tranquil and informative. Overall, it’s a nice visit after a good lunch at one of the many good restaurants in Karen.

Visited January 2014

Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Really loved visiting Bomas of Kenya. The dances were very entertaining (even though the music was horrendously loud). The acrobats were incredible and had the pleasure of being picked from the crowd to be a part of their act. The guide showing us the villages was knowledgable and it was well worth the 600 shillings. If I had brought my international university ID it would have only been 300! So worth it. The little market at the end is also a little treat and picked up some good souvenirs at very good prices.

Visited January 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the traditional music and the stage performance of the stuntmen who were in action.

Visited April 2013
Portland, Oregon
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Entertaining but Lacking some Verve”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I really loved all of the dances and the schoolchildren's responses to them. I wish that the announcer had a sound system, as we couldn't hear her. I guess we were not in the main location. Perhaps the sound is better in the main hall. The buildings are also fascinating (particularly the distinctions between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd wife), but lost their uniqueness after the third or fourth display. I wish that they had had people in each encampment, demonstrating tools and skills. Maybe that occurs in the high season.

Visited November 2013
Princeville, Hawaii
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Wonderful place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Bomas. We not only saw quite a myriad of little villages but were also treated to a terrific song and dance performance in the auditorium.
If you visit, please send your photos to us because our camera was stolen so we lost our pictures of this wonderful place.

Visited September 2013

Been to Bomas of Kenya? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bomas of Kenya, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.