“Very enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Langata Rd | Mageso Chember, Nairobi 00200, Kenya
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Each boma (homestead) in this cultural village was built using traditional specifications of myriad Kenyan tribes; through architecture, crafts, music and dance this village serves to preserve Kenyan culture.
Nairobi
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

There was a good variety of ethnic dances from different parts of Kenya. The acrobats were excellent. The venue was airy and comfortable. My friend and I enjoyed our visit there.

Visited November 2012

• Czech first
Nairobi, Kenya
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Must See for Cultural History”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

See how East Africa was before colonization. Must see for any visit to Nairobi - not just the dances, but the village recreations scattered throughout the property.

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A cultural microcosm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Bomas provides a cultural microcosm on the habitats and dances of the various tribes of people that form a part of Kenya.

The dance performances are scheduled in the afternoons and last about an hour. One can arrive an hour early and spend time visiting the different dwellings that are located withing this place.

Visited December 2011
Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fun for an afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love anything to do with traditional music,dance, or costumes and I purposely seek out entertainment like this when I travel. I knew I'd like this attraction after reading the reviews and I truly did enjoy the performance. It was more professional than I had expected. I thought the entrance fee was reasonable also. There was only one thing that I did not like. I did not like the craft market on the grounds. I thought the vendors were rather aggressive. I think it would be more professional to have an actual shop near the performance hall. The bomas started looking the same to me after about the 3rd village. But I must say that the exhibits were put together well and it was a rather nice walk between the villages. Go to this attraction if you can spare an afternoon in Nairobi.

Visited October 2012
Denman Island, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bomas of Kenya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dancing was entertaining but difficult to hear narrator. Dancers were energetic and music was good. Bomas (traditional houses ) were interesting.

Visited October 2012

Been to Bomas of Kenya? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bomas of Kenya, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.