“Fun for an afternoon” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 43 attractions in Nairobi
Type: Performances, Specialty Museums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Each boma (homestead) in this cultural village was built using traditional specifications of myriad Kenyan tribes; through architecture, crafts, music and dance this village serves to preserve Kenyan culture.
Arlington, Virginia
“Fun for an afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I love anything to do with traditional music,dance, or costumes and I purposely seek out entertainment like this when I travel. I knew I'd like this attraction after reading the reviews and I truly did enjoy the performance. It was more professional than I had expected. I thought the entrance fee was reasonable also. There was only one thing that I did not like. I did not like the craft market on the grounds. I thought the vendors were rather aggressive. I think it would be more professional to have an actual shop near the performance hall. The bomas started looking the same to me after about the 3rd village. But I must say that the exhibits were put together well and it was a rather nice walk between the villages. Go to this attraction if you can spare an afternoon in Nairobi.

Denman Island, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Bomas of Kenya”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Dancing was entertaining but difficult to hear narrator. Dancers were energetic and music was good. Bomas (traditional houses ) were interesting.

Nairobi
21 attraction reviews
“Impressive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very imposing facility with a lot of space for events and lots of interesting activities and cultural stuff going on. I didn't spend much time here but I'll be back at Christmas with my family when I'm sure there'll be lots of fun stuff to do and see.

Visited August 2012
Nairobi
26 attraction reviews
“East African Cultural”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Exhibits East African culture and life style of the various tribes of Kenya, thier houses and of tourist attraction. There is a cusltural show and folk dances performed on the weekends. Place of tourist attraction in the outskisrts of Nairbi

Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
73 attraction reviews
“worth visiting to see there culture.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

there are several dances from 2.30 onwards. the offer drinks and it worth a visit once to understand the local culture and dance